Subject: (NAT) Alternative name to "Host-NAT"

From: [email-masked] (Pyda Srisuresh)
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 1999 16:08:12 -0800 (PST)

Folks,

I believe, there is rough consensus to rename "Host-NAT" to something 
clearer - something with the flavour of Dynamic Global Adressing (per 
Brian's original e-mail).

Below are the alternatives proposed thus far:

	o Network Address and Parameter Allocation (NAPA)

	o External Realm Address Use (ERA) and
	  External Realm Address and Port Use (ERAP)

	o Realm Specific Address Use (RSA)
	  Realm Specific Address and Port Use (RSAP)

I suggested the last two names. On second thoughts, I would like to 
withdraw these names and propose the following name, instead. 

	o Realm-Specific IP (RSIP)
	  RSIP will refer to both Realm-specific Address IP (RSAIP)
	  and Realm-Specific Address and Port IP (RSAPIP).

Thus far, we dont have a name that is roughly agreeable.  We need to 
pick a name and move on. Let us try and wrap this up in a week. Please 
voice your preference (one of NAPA or RSIP or something entirely new).  
Thanks.

cheers,
suresh
-
To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
'unsubscribe nat' in the body of the message.

---

From: james woodyatt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 13:33:04 -0800

Pyda Srisuresh wrote:
> [...]

At the risk of introducing a glut of choices, I would like to voice a
preference for something entirely new:

	o Routing Realm Flow Transformation (RRFT)

Pronounce the acronym the same as the word 'rift.'

-- 
[email-masked] (j h woodyatt) | "The future is a choice between
warpspeed communications, inc.      | utopia and oblivion."
h: 415.564.4924  o: 925.398.1005    |             --buckminster fuller
-
To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
'unsubscribe nat' in the body of the message.

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 15:43:25 +0000

I'd be happy with RSIP

BTW thanks for listening to me!

    Brian

-

---

From: [email-masked] (Pyda Srisuresh)
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 04:24:20 -0800 (PST)

Folks,

Thanks for your participation. I believe, we have rough consensus to
replace the term "Host-NAT" with "Realm Specific IP"(RSIP). I will 
edit the terminology draft accordingly and resubmit the draft to IESG. 
Let us use this term going forward. Thanks.

cheers,
suresh

-