Subject: (NAT) new IETF seating policy

From: Matt Holdrege <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 1999 13:21:37 -0700

Beginning with Oslo, all WG meetings will start with a slide on the overhead
saying that the first two rows of chairs are reserved for those who have
actually read the documents. In our group, everybody else will be
considered observers. You will still be permitted to comment, but it will
be apparent to the whole room that such a speaker's opinions are unrelated
to what the document actually says.

Please read the documents. Please also respect the two-row reservation. 
This is
the first time the IETF has tried this so we'll see how it works out.

-
To unsubscribe, email [email-masked]' with
'unsubscribe nat' in the body of the message.

---

From: Jim Bound <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 1999 23:11:02 -0400

>to what the document actually says.

This is wonderful and a practice we should adopt across the IETF and if
we are real lucky it will start a trend to fill all the rows cause
everyone there will have read the draft.  Or just attend to listen of
course.

/jim
-