Subject: (NAT) I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-nat-security-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 06:59:02 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network Address Translators Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Security Model with Tunnel-mode IPsec for NAT
                          Domain
	Author(s)	: P. Srisuresh
	Filename	: draft-ietf-nat-security-02.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 19-Aug-99
	
There are a variety of NAT flavors, as described in [Ref 1]. Of the
domains supported by NATs, only Realm-Specific IP clients are able
to pursue end-to-end IPsec secure sessions. However, all flavors of
NAT are capable of offering tunnel-mode IPsec security to private
domain hosts peering with nodes in external realm. This document
describes a security model by which tunnel-mode IPsec security can
be architected on NAT devices. A section is devoted to describing
how security policies may be transparently communicated to IKE (for
automated KEY exchange) during Quick Mode. Also outlined are
applications that can benefit from the Security Model described.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nat-security-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-nat-security-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nat-security-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.