Subject: RE: [NAT] draft-kuniaki-nats-00.txt

From: "Bound, Jim" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 23:35:14 -0500

first my colleagues name is "Brian" not "Brain" names are important.

IPv6 is past experimental.  It is being deployed in Australia and
Ireland in 6 months for wireless systems.  It will be deployed in Asia
in one year because they simply do not have enough addresses to even
support NAT.  Except in the U.S. the rest of the world cannot live
without the e2e model.  

IPv6 products are shipping.  That is not experimental.

IPv6 is also the IP protocol that will run Infiniband.  Infiniband at a
minimum will be used as backplane for high end systems and most likely
to run SCSI over IP and Memory Channel over IP IMO.  

IPv6 is here and real.  Just not in the U.S.   

regards,
/jim

_______________________________________________
nat mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nat

---

From: Kuniaki Kondo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 17:49:43 +0900

Hello, Jim

> first my colleagues name is "Brian" not "Brain" names are important.

  Yes. I am so sorry for my mistake.

> support NAT.  Except in the U.S. the rest of the world cannot live

  Recently, a few IPv6 products was shipped, I know.
  However, those products did not deployed in commercial network yet.
  Especially, in Japan, we can get many IPv6 products, but those
  products are still used for experimental. In Asia, probably same.

> to run SCSI over IP and Memory Channel over IP IMO.  

  Did you said that IPv6 will be deployed in closed network?
  If so, I agree.
  First step of deploying IPv6 probably start in closed network, just like a
  Infiniband.
  However, it is not a target of NATS.
  NATS target is a edge network of the Internet.

--
Kuniaki Kondo
[email-masked]