Subject: [NAT] I-D ACTION:draft-levkowetz-mobileip-nat-tunnel-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2001 06:53:07 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: NAT Traversal for Mobile IP using UDP Tunnelling
	Author(s)	: O. Levkowetz, J. Forslow, H. Sjostrand
	Filename	: draft-levkowetz-mobileip-nat-tunnel-00.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 03-Jul-01
	
Mobile IP is now being deployed, providing connectivity to mobile
users. This is happening well ahead of the widespread use of IPv6,
which may not have been expected at the time when the Mobile IP
standard was originally formulated. At the same time, networks with
private address spaces are proliferating, using NAT devices to reach
the public internet. Today NATs are widely deployed in home
gateways, as well as in other locations likely to be used by mobile
users, such as hotels. The result is that MIP-NAT incompatibility
issues have become a major barrier to deployment of Mobile IP in one
of its principal uses. This draft describes a known incompatibility
between NAT and Mobile IP, and also describes a possible solution
using Mobile IP's vendor specific extensions.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-levkowetz-mobileip-nat-tunnel-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-levkowetz-mobileip-nat-tunnel-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-levkowetz-mobileip-nat-tunnel-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.