Subject: [NAT] draft-ietf-nat-natmib-02 : comments are welcome

From: Rohit Rohit <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 09:44:22 -0800

Hi, 

    The updated version of the draft addresses the comments made for the
last version. 
    The new version adds protocol extensibility from the NAT perspective. 
    It simplifies the MIB by Merging the static and dynamic NAT Table and
having an
    entryType object to indicate the static and dynamic NAT. The updated
draft has a new
    section describing "Extending the MIB" which should be very helpful  
    to support a newer protocol from the NAT perspective. The protocol types
are defined in 
    the NAT-TC MIB so we can add the support for the newer protocols 
    without affecting the NAT MIB. And to be with consistent of rfc2851, we
have replaced
    IpAddress with the InetAddress.

     To summarise the changes:-> 

         1. Merged the static and dynamic Address Map Tables.

         2. Extended the conf table to support the newer protocols.

         3. Added a new section "extending the MIB".

         4. Renamed "bind group" to the "translation group".

         5. Changed the IpAddress to "InetAddress".

     Your comments/suggestions are welcome.

     Thanks
     Rohit

_______________________________________________
nat mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nat