Subject: [NAT] Clarification reqd

From: "Sam K. Sankoorikal" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2002 21:33:04 +0530

Hi Rajiv,

        I have a specific query on the natConfAddrMapName[Seems to a be 
a complex index]: Is there some convention[~default] to be followed when 
using this index while returning a row of this table?
        This a scenario where the natConfAddrMapName may not be have yet 
been given a name by any manager and NAT / NAPT is already enabled on an 
interface. As a result, there are rows already present in this table, 
based on mapping created on the fly by the NAT module, through some UI 
configuration. Is it OK/Safe if the Agent decides to use a name it finds 
convenient and thus be able to return to NAT mapping to any manager 
querying it ?

Some relate questions:

1. Does the agent also have to store the same value in the 
"natConfTable.natConfEntry.natConfAddrMapConfigName".?

2. Can a Manager change only 
natConfTable.natConfEntry.natConfAddrMapConfigName and what is the 
effect on the natConfAddrMapEntry.natConfAddrMapName. This leads to an 
inconsistent state in SNMP if left to the Manager.

Thanks and Regards,
Sam.

-- 
  Sam K. Sankoorikal.
  Home Net Solutions <http://www.wipro.com/homenet> ,
  Wipro Technologies <http://www.wipro.com>
  Ganapa Complex,
  #53/1 Hosur Rd Madivala,
  Bangalore, India 560068
  PBX:     +91 80 5502001 extn 3114
  [email-masked]