Subject: [NAT] Nat parameters

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 08:40:24 -0600

Hi!

Just needed a hint of how many sessions of private IP Addr to a PUBLIC IP Addr should I considere when sizing my nat services m-to-1 scenarios?

Thanks a million to you all

---

From: "Christopher A. Martin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 09:26:40 -0600

This is really dependant on the hardware platform and physical resources
available to it. 

IMHO, you have a theoretical max of 65535, and if you have any
specialized services (www,smtp,sip,h323,etc.) that require pools for
inbound connections for instance, then it will need to be worked around
for that too. It all depends on what you will be offering with the
product and sizing accordingly. I would recommend a configurable range
and a static range (for those specialized services and possible port
forwarding, for example).

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Tuesday, January 21, 2003 8:40 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [NAT] Nat parameters

Hi!

Just needed a hint of how many sessions of private IP Addr to a PUBLIC
IP Addr should I considere when sizing my nat services m-to-1 scenarios?

_______________________________________________
nat mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nat

---

From: "Christopher A. Martin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 09:26:40 -0600

Chris

-----Original Message-----

Hi!