Subject: [Nea] NEA BOF request: Cut-off date is THIS week

From: "Susan Thomson \(sethomso\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 10:15:51 -0500

Folks

In the next couple of messages, Steve and I will be sending a draft
agenda and draft charter for a NEA BOF  at Spring IETF for review.

Please note that the ADs have placed an internal deadline for BOF
requests in the Internet area which is this Friday Feb 3 (see message
below). This is earlier than the official IETF deadline of Feb 13.

Please review the agenda and charter and provide comments by no later
than COB Thursday this week, so that we can incorporate comments by
Friday. Note that feedback on the mailing list is used as an indicator
that we have a critical mass of support for making this request so your
input is very important. Even if you do not have specific comments at
this time, a one-liner indicating your support (or not) would be
helpful. 

In the meantime, we would like to thank those who have commented on the
problem statement I-D. There have been excellent points made. We will be
responding to these comments and incorporating feedback into a revised
I-D once the short fuse work re the BOF request has been completed. The
final cut-off date for revised I-Ds is March 6. We need more feedback
though, and look forward to hearing from more of you once you have
commented on the agenda and charter.

Thanks

Susan & Steve

-----Original Message-----

From: Mark Townsley (townsley)

Sent: Friday, January 27, 2006 1:04 PM

To: Susan Thomson (sethomso); Joseph Salowey (jsalowey)

Subject: [Fwd: BoF requests for Dallas]

-------- Original Message --------

Subject: BoF requests for Dallas

Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 05:08:04 +0100

From: Mark Townsley <[email-masked]>

Reply-To: Mark Townsley <[email-masked]>, Margaret Wasserman 

<[email-masked]>

To: Internet Area <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]

Apologies in advance for the cross-posting.

We are getting a lot of BoF requests in the int-area. That's not a bad
thing, but in order to better manage them we would like to enforce the
following deadlines for the next IETF meeting:

Jan 20 - Creation of a public mailing list for discussion of the BoF
topic at hand. Please include Margaret and I on this list so that we can
monitor the discussion.

Feb 3 - Formal request to the ietf-secretary and ADs, cc'd to the public
mailing list, for the BoF itself. Included in the request should be a
draft BoF Agenda, if the goal is the formation of a WG a draft charter,
and a pointer to at least one Internet Draft as reference material for
the BoF itself.

Also, please take a look at Thomas' document on how to run a successful
BoF. This is a brand new document, and Thomas is asking for review and
discussion (which you can do on the int-area, iab, iesg or ietf list as
you

like) and volunteers to help iterate on the text and ready it for
publication.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-narten-successful-bof-00.txt
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-narten-successful-bof-00.txt>

Thanks!

- Mark and Margaret

PS. Should we make int-chairs a member of int-area and clean-up
duplicates (making int-chairs a forced subset of int-area)?

_______________________________________________
Nea mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nea