Subject: [Nea] Re: Nea Digest, Vol 10, Issue 2

From: "Stephanie Tan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 13:05:57 -0400

Does anyone know whether Microsoft and Cisco will be participating and
potentially contributing/conforming to the standards in relation to IETF and
TCG TNC?
_______________________________________________
Nea mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nea

---

From: Ryan Hurst <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 11:19:58 -0700

Stephanie - I cannot speak for CISCO, but from a Microsoft perspective
we have agreed to offer our equivalents of the protocols that are in
scope of the current draft charter under royalty free terms.

Early documentation for these messages are available on the Microsoft
website right now, I have recently re-wrote this documentation to be
more clear and in the (relatively) near future expect a updated version
of these documents to go live; I unfortunately do not have a hard date
for this. I should also note that we have also documented our APIs so
that others can integrate with our solution without implementing these
wire protocols (if appropriate for their solutions).

As for your question about Microsoft's participation in this working
group, I still have concern about the charter being too narrow, too
focused on the current implementations protocols and fear the result as
scoped right now will be just another way to accomplish one small part
of a NAC system.

I know that Steve and Susan are working on a revised charter, and
without seeing that its difficult to say how much we will be
participating, the decision to implement a protocol is a complicated one
that lots of factors go into and I just can't answer that at this time. 

My current thinking is that I will do my best to share our understanding
of this problem area and our solution but without seeing the revised
charter I can't really make any commitments beyond that.

Ryan

From: Stephanie Tan [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, August 17, 2006 10:06 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Nea] Re: Nea Digest, Vol 10, Issue 2

Does anyone know whether Microsoft and Cisco will be participating and
potentially contributing/conforming to the standards in relation to IETF
and TCG TNC?