Subject: [Nea] REQ: Section 2

From: Alan DeKok <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 23:22:47 -0500

Each term is defined in a way that references the other pieces of the
terminology, and assumes in passing the architecture, and a detailed
familiarity with the architecture.  I understand that there's a lot of
terminology involved in describing the NEA architecture, but the sheer
number of terms defined without minimal background makes the section
very opaque.

  I suggest solving that problem by expanding section 1 to include a
short introduction to the NEA architecture, with explanations of the
actors and their roles.  The terminology used there should be standard
networking terms (client, server, request, response), to permit people
without prior experience in NAC/NAP/NEA to understand the NEA document.

  One alternative would be to move Section 4 (problem statement) to
above the terminology section.  Perhaps a better alternative would be to
split the document into a "model" document, and a "requirements"
document.  The model could serve as the introduction to NEA, and it
would define the terminology for the space.  The "requirements" document
 would then use those terms, and could assume that the reader has read
the model.

  Alan DeKok.
--
  http://deployingradius.com       - The web site of the book
  http://deployingradius.com/blog/ - The blog

_______________________________________________
Nea mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nea