Subject: [Nea] Initial Discussion of the Requirements Draft

From: "Stephen Hanna" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 15:57:52 -0500

Thanks to the design team that put together the first draft 
of the NEA Requirements document. They accomplished a lot in 
a very short period of time. They even worked through the 
holidays. We appreciate their hard work.

As noted earlier, this first draft of the NEA Requirements 
document is just a basis for discussion. Now comes the most
important part of the IETF process, discussing the document
and (eventually) coming to rough consensus in the WG. Please
help us start this process by reviewing the document promptly
and sending your comments to the [email-masked] list.

We expect that there will be considerable discussion on many 
different topics. Instead of sending mammoth emails with many
diverse comments, please break up your comments by section or
topic and use good subject lines (like "Comments on Problem
Statement" or "What About Endpoints That Don't Support NEA?")
so threads hang together. Of course, a long email with many
diverse comments may be appropriate for typos and other minor
comments that probably won't need much discussion. Just use a
subject line like "Typos" or some such.

Section 7 of the document lists detailed requirements for the 
protocols and section 6 provides detailed flows for use cases.
Please ignore these sections for now. We need to agree on
the Problem Statement, Applicability, Reference Model, and
other sections before we start discussing details. So please
concentrate on those sections (especially the Problem Statement,
which is most basic).

Thanks,

Steve Hanna
Susan Thomson

_______________________________________________
Nea mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nea