Subject: [Nea] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-nea-requirements-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 15:50:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network Endpoint Assessment Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Requirements for  Network Endpoint Assessment (NEA)
	Author(s)	: P. Sangster, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-nea-requirements-00.txt
	Pages		: 46
	Date		: 2007-1-10
	
     This document defines the problem statement, scope and interface 
     (protocol) requirements between the components of the NEA (Network 
     Endpoint Assessment) reference model.  NEA provides owners of 
     networks (e.g. an enterprise offering remote access) a mechanism 
     to evaluate the posture of a system.  This may take place during 
     the request for network access and/or subsequently at any time 
     while connected to the network.  The learned posture information 
     can then be applied to a variety of compliance oriented decisions.  

     The posture information is frequently useful for detecting systems 
     that are lacking (or have out of date) security protective 
     mechanisms (e.g. anti-virus, firewall.) 
   
     In order to provide context for the requirements, a reference 
     model and terminology are introduced.  This model is provided 
     for informational purposes but is based on the models used by 
     NAC [CNAC], NAP[NAP] and TNC[TNC]. 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nea-requirements-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-nea-requirements-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nea-requirements-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Nea mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nea