Subject: [Nea] Re: Why is draft-ietf-nea-requirements-00.txt a WG draft?

From: "Stephen Hanna" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 17:35:32 -0500

Hannes Tschofenig wrote:
> The work of a design team has to be approved by the working group
before
> it becomes a working group document. 
>
> Has this happened? I have never seen a hum.

We discussed the process on the list and with our ADs before the
holidays.
RFC 2418 says "The output of a design team is always subject to
approval,
rejection or modification by the WG as a whole." That's what we're doing
now.
The document will be revised or even completely replaced according to WG
consensus.

The process for making a document a working group draft is described
briefly
in RFC 4677, which says "Working Group drafts are usually reviewed by
the
Working Group before being accepted as a WG item, although the chairs
have
the final say." Since our charter clearly calls for us to create a
requirements
document, Susan and I decided that it would be simplest to bring the
document
in as a working group draft from the start.

In the end, I don't think there's much benefit to spending a lot of time
talking
about this process issue. We should focus on the content of the document
and make
sure that's right. Whether it's a WG draft or not doesn't make much
difference at
this point. We will end up with a WG draft on requirements. We might as
well start
with this one and revise it to make it what we want. Let's focus on
that.

Thanks,

Steve

_______________________________________________
Nea mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nea