Subject: [Nea] draft-ietf-nea-requirements-00.txt submitted

From: "Paul Sangster" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 13:01:40 -0800

Just wanted to send out an update to the WG to let you know the NEA
Design Team has been hard at work (even over the holidays) creating the
-00 requirements I-D that we could use as a starting point for our
discussion.  We understand this doesn't reflect WG consensus at this
point but wanted to provide something the group could review and use to
help focus the discussions to work towards consensus.  We look forward
to constructive discussions on how to fix its many errors ;).
 
Creating this document during December was a significant challenge and
required a real time commitment from the team to get this out by our
early January milestone.  I'd like to thank the other members of the
design team (Hormuzd Khosravi, Mahalingam Mani, Kaushik Narayan, and Joe
Tardo) for all their time and effort over a busy holiday filled month.
The result of our work draft-ietf-nea-requirements-00.txt was submitted
yesterday for publication, so we hope it will appear in the drafts
directory later this week (or next.)
 
The document is substantial is size (45 pages) and content (problem
statement, applicability, reference model, requirements, ...) so it was
our hope that when issued we could start a more organized e-review of
the document sections to help work towards consensus on context before
diving into more depth.  We'll send out some suggestion on how this
might work tomorrow.
 
Paul
_______________________________________________
Nea mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nea

---

From: "Tschofenig, Hannes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 09:56:35 +0100

The work of a design team has to be approved by the working group before
it becomes a working group document. 
 
Has this happened? I have never seen a hum. 
 
Ciao
Hannes

________________________________

	Von: Paul Sangster [mailto:[email-masked]] 
	Gesendet: Dienstag, 9. Januar 2007 22:02
	An: [email-masked]
	Betreff: [Nea] draft-ietf-nea-requirements-00.txt submitted

	Just wanted to send out an update to the WG to let you know the
NEA Design Team has been hard at work (even over the holidays) creating
the -00 requirements I-D that we could use as a starting point for our
discussion.  We understand this doesn't reflect WG consensus at this
point but wanted to provide something the group could review and use to
help focus the discussions to work towards consensus.  We look forward
to constructive discussions on how to fix its many errors ;).
	 
	Creating this document during December was a significant
challenge and required a real time commitment from the team to get this
out by our early January milestone.  I'd like to thank the other members
of the design team (Hormuzd Khosravi, Mahalingam Mani, Kaushik Narayan,
and Joe Tardo) for all their time and effort over a busy holiday filled
month.  The result of our work draft-ietf-nea-requirements-00.txt was
submitted yesterday for publication, so we hope it will appear in the
drafts directory later this week (or next.)
	 
	The document is substantial is size (45 pages) and content
(problem statement, applicability, reference model, requirements, ...)
so it was our hope that when issued we could start a more organized
e-review of the document sections to help work towards consensus on
context before diving into more depth.  We'll send out some suggestion
on how this might work tomorrow.
	 
	Paul