Subject: [Nea] RE: Working towards -01 draft: call for comments and schedule

From: "Paul Sangster" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2007 19:58:13 -0800

Just a quick update that the design team has submitted the -01 draft
(this past friday) for publication.  We attempted to include much of the
feedback we had received thru last week and welcome additional comments
on the -00 draft until -01 is published.

________________________________

	From: Paul Sangster 
	Sent: Friday, February 16, 2007 11:41 AM
	To: [email-masked]
	Subject: Working towards -01 draft: call for comments and
schedule

	So far their have been a number of good discussions on the -00
reqs draft;
	thanks to those who took the time to participate.  It is our
hope to get
	even broader participation so we can better understand where
consensus 
	exists and where issues remain.  We wish the encourage more WG
members
	to share their review of the draft and provide their
constructive
	feedback.  Knowing what sections you believe are going in the
right direction 
	and those that need more focus (specifically what issues exist)
will 
	help us create a better spec and avoid changing something that
many people 
	believe should remain in the spec.
	 
	On 1/10 the WG chairs requested that we focus our comments on
the initial 5
	sections and to break up our e-mail comments by section or topic
using
	descriptive subject lines.  We would like to continue this
practice but 
	also encourage discussion of the Use Case (section 6), Security 
	Considerations (section 8) and Privacy Considerations (section
9) sections.
	This means we're encouraging comments on the entire draft except
section 7 
	allowing us to have a common understanding of the context for
the 
	requirements before nailing down the specific requirement
wordings.
	 
	The design team is working towards a goal of submitting the -01
revision
	by 3/2 (ahead of the Prague I-D cut-off.)  Our hope is -01 will
be published 
	early enough to allow additional discussion on the alias before
the NEA 
	WG meeting. In order to make this schedule we would like to
request a 2/24 
	12PM (noon) PST cut-off for comments on -00 so we can update the
spec in 
	time.  Additional or unresolved discussions of comments at that
time will 
	be considered for the -02 revision.
	 
	Paul

_______________________________________________
Nea mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nea