Subject: [Nea] FW: IETF68 NEA WG summary

From: "Susan Thomson \(sethomso\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 13:53:32 -0400

FYI. Am forwarding this brief summary of the NEA WG meeting, which is
requested by the security ADs of all working groups in the security area
during the week of the IETF. More detailed meeting minutes will follow
as is usual.

Thanks to all those who participated in the NEA WG meeting this week.

Susan 

-----Original Message-----
From: Susan Thomson (sethomso) 
Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2007 4:19 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: IETF68 NEA WG summary

NEA WG meeting
March 20, 2007

1. Charter milestones

Original milestones in charter need to be updated. Proposed updates to
milestones were reviewed in the meeting. A hum was taken demonstrating 
support for the changes. 

Next Steps: Take to list for final review before being sent to AD for
approval.

2. Review of Requirements draft

Current requirements draft reviewed including reference model, proposed
attribute types, and use cases. Open issues were raised on supporting
virtualization, security considerations, privacy considerations and NEA
support for non-endpoint devices. NEA support for non-endpoint devices
may be outside of scope of charter, but our AD indicated that further
discussion is warranted to understand the problem better.

Next Steps: WG participants and document editors to raise issues on
mailing list and continue discussion. Requirements draft to be updated
in April based on feedback received. 

3. Eduroam and NEA

There was a short presentation on use of federated 802.1x in
FWNA/eduroam
deployments, and how it may be impacted by NEA. While it is clear that
support
for such networks is outside the current NEA charter, the presenters'
intent was to  raise awareness of potential issues in an attempt to
avoid problems with supporting such deployments in the future. Several
proposals for resolving the issues without affecting NEA were suggested.

_______________________________________________
Nea mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nea