Subject: [Nea] NEA Overview and Requirements I-D -02 submitted

From: "Paul Sangster" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 16:06:49 -0700

Just a heads up that consistent with our revised schedule, we have
submitted a revised version of the NEA Requirements I-D to the IETF for
publication.  Hopefully this version will be published later this week.
We welcome feedback and discussion on all parts of this document as we
move closer towards WG last call.
 
Most of the changes were based on feedback we receive in Prague and/or
via the mailing list.  We certainly encourage everyone who wasn't able
to attend the meeting to review the minutes and listen to the audio
recording (
http://limestone.uoregon.edu/ftp/pub/videolab/media/ietf68/ietf68-ch1-tu
e-noon.mp3 )
 
The primary changes made to the -02 version include:
  * Removal of policy and compliance claim attribute types
  * Removal of use case/example highlighting policy/claim attribute type
exchange
  o Mention of quarantining during remediation
  o Broadened title since covers more than requirements
  o Change PB cryptographic protection requirements to MAY (from SHOULD)
  o Describe scope of posture sent by NEA Client based on operation
domain
  o Less emphasis on attribute types more on types of messages
     - Removed mention of attribute types from example flows to ease
readibility
  o Addressed comments from several e-mail threads (e.g. Mauricio,
Nancy)
  o Removed mention of 3rd party providing posture for clientless
endpoints
  o Replaced capitalization of terminology based upon commonly used
words
  o Explained 3 layered protocol model based on message enveloping over
PT
 
* - These items were the largest changes to the I-D.  If WG members
believe we must call out these types of attribute messages please
explain to alias so we can gauge consensus.
 
Paul
_______________________________________________
Nea mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nea