Subject: [nemo] Requirements List

From: Ng Chan Wah <[email-masked]>
Date: 21 Nov 2002 22:49:07 +0800

Hi all, 

I think that the list of requirements TJ put up during the meeting was
great.  May I suggest that it be posted on this list?  It will be useful
to have a coherent list of reqms on the mailing list so that it is
easier for people to understand/comment/clarify things.

/rgds
/cwng

---

From: Behcet Sarikaya <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 08:36:17 -0800 (PST)

Hi,
  I have a very good list of stable requirements. I
sollicit the chairs to make an announcement on the
list in order to proceed further with it.

Regards,

> easier for people to understand/comment/clarify

--behcet

__________________________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail Plus – Powerful. Affordable. Sign up now.
http://mailplus.yahoo.com

---

From: Thierry Ernst <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 03:36:55 +0900 (JST)

> list in order to proceed further with it.

We haven't seen such a list.  Concerning Chan Wah's request, my
understanding is that the requirements summarized in TJ's presentation
(we will post the slides on the Motorola web site and to IETF minutes
soon) represent the consensus of the mailing list and the consensus of
the varioous drafts we have. So, I don't see a need to debate this
again; anyway we will post a mail as soon as we figure out how the
requirement document will be structured, and how the requirements will
be stated in this document. It will better to clarify things once such
document will be published.

Thierry.

---

From: Chan-Wah Ng <[email-masked]>
Date: 22 Nov 2002 05:45:44 +0800

> document will be published.

I am not saying that we should debate over the stable set of
requirements (12/13 of them, if I recall) again.  I just feel that
before a WG document on requirements is available, the mailing list is a
good place to list them.  Well, website is good too... maybe better :)

In addition, there are a couple of issues that TJ had listed after the
first 12/13 requirements.  It should be useful to post them on the list
for further discussion.

/br
/cwng

---

From: Behcet Sarikaya <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 15:03:33 -0600

Thierry,

Thierry Ernst wrote:

>
>We haven't seen such a list.  
>
 on Nov. 6  :)

>Concerning Chan Wah's request, my
I do not think this is a magic, especially after it has been decided to 
leave out the AAA requirements (this has been my position from the 
beginning).
Let me repeat once more, if we do not have even a 00 draft based on the 
agreed stable requirements (most of which have been shortly listed in 
TJ's presentation)
how can we proceed in the process of having the requirements draft? Let 
us have this one
with the people in charge (IMHO, the WG meeting at Atlanta would have 
been the best place and time to assign some people to the task of 
dressing up the requirements)
 and then let's try to improve it.

Regards,

--behcet

---

From: Thierry Ernst <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 14:29:35 +0900 (JST)

>  and then let's try to improve it.

Dear all,

This is exactly what I'm saying, there will be a single NEMO WG draft
based on the agreed requirements listed by TJ; and we will clarify the
understanding of the requirements once this draft is published.  The
purpose of the discussion at Atlanta's meeting was to make sure people
agree with this list before we move forward. Since the chairs have an
idea how the NEMO document should be completed and probably also have
a good idea how to make best use of a meeting, the purpose of the
discussion at Atlanta's meeting was to make sure people agree with
this list before we move forward, and also to assess people's opinion
on the AAA draft and on the terminology draft.

Thierry