Subject: RE: [nemo] Re: BU adds routes (was: Draft NEMO Agenda)

From: "Pascal Thubert (pthubert)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 14:14:38 -0000

> My use of "inside the routing domain" was trying to say that 
> clearly you want these routes to aggregate in the IGP for the 
> routing domain and not appear as separate routes in the DFZ.
> 

Sure. My point here was that for Route Optimization, we may still want
to project such an individual route to the Correspondent Router in
charge on the correspondent, should we work further on the CR concept at
all, or to the CN.

> > MIP HA redundancy will possibly be the primary mean for high 
> > availability of MN, but there's no rule to impose. If the 
> MNet can be 
> > reached via 2 different HA clusters at any point of time, then 
> > redistributing the aggregation from both HA sets still works.
> 
> I don't understand. Was is a "HA cluster"? Are they on the 
> same link or in different parts of the routing domain?

Sorry for being unclear. I referred to the MIP HA redundancy on the home
link.

The MIP redundancy schema is very close to traditional clustering of
servers. It gives a little more choice to the client, and that's fine.
There's even an expired draft (draft-yanjun-lbam-ipv6-00.txt) that uses
anycast addresses to refer to a web cluster, and then MIP to redirect to
the chosen member.

So it seems fair to call the group of Home Agents on your home link a HA
cluster, don't you think? Should we have a terminology entry for that?

>    Erik

---

From: Erik Nordmark <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 16:28:02 +0100 (CET)

> anycast addresses to refer to a web cluster, and then MIP to redirect to

That is one form of redundancy.
I was referring to a different form of redundancy which doesn't have
the home link as a single point of failure by having the MRs
have tunnels to different HAs that are far away from eachother.

> cluster, don't you think? Should we have a terminology entry for that?

I don't yet see a need for introducing additional terminology for this.

  Erik