Subject: Re: [nemo] Requirements List

From: Takeshi TANAKA <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2002 15:30:46 +0900

Hi, 

At Mon, 25 Nov 2002 14:29:35 +0900 (JST) 
Thierry Ernst <[email-masked]> wrote :

> Dear all,
> 
> This is exactly what I'm saying, there will be a single NEMO WG draft
> based on the agreed requirements listed by TJ; and we will clarify the
> understanding of the requirements once this draft is published.  The
> purpose of the discussion at Atlanta's meeting was to make sure people
> agree with this list before we move forward. Since the chairs have an
> idea how the NEMO document should be completed and probably also have
> a good idea how to make best use of a meeting, the purpose of the
> discussion at Atlanta's meeting was to make sure people agree with
> this list before we move forward, and also to assess people's opinion
> on the AAA draft and on the terminology draft.
> 
> Thierry

Yes, and I think we did get people's opinion on the AAA draft.

I could re-explain the motivation and approach on our presentations 
(NEMO AAA requirements by ChanWah, RO problem space by Pascal)
so that attendances at the meeting who might not be familiar with NEMO 
and our background can understand.
Note that this is not the conclusion of the presentations, just 
background behind our presentations.

AAA(Access control in NEMO)
Our motivation is to consider about AAA on NEMO for commercial deployment.
Then we divided these requirements into 1.requirements for NEMO solution, 
2. requirements for AAA solution.
We considered 1. will be requirements for basic support in order for 
basic solution not to preclude the requirements.
Also, 2. will be requirements for AAA related WG.

RO(including partical RO)
In the presentation, we classified the so that people can understand 
RO scope and approaches in NEMO.
Our motivation is to note that basic support(bidirectional tunneling) 
has issues as follows and people who thinks of deploying  NEMO in 
large scale will have to note them.
We well knew that WG works on basic support first and provide the solution.

Regards,
Takeshi