Subject: [nemo] some inquiries

From: Annie Ng <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 23:04:43 +0800

Dear Sir,

      I am annie, an university student in HK. I am very interesting in mobile 
networking. Therefore, i am reading the NEMO basic protocol recently.
However, there exist a double crossing over tunnel problem which happens when 
local fixed node(LFN) communicate with visiting mobile node(VMN) in the same 
mobile network. Its becasue the LFN need to send packets to mobile router 
which need to establish the tunnel with the home agent of it. Howerver, the 
home agent of the mobile router will send back packets to the mobile agent 
which then send to VMN.

So, is there any solution for that double crossing problem? 
can u tell me the solution ?
or give me some useful link for analysis it?

thank you very much!

Annie

---

From: "T.J. Kniveton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 13:07:08 -0700

> or give me some useful link for analysis it?

Hi Annie,

This seems to be a general Mobile IPv6 issue, which in essence is RO. If the
VMN can establish route optimization with the CN (which is the LFN) under
Mobile IP, the CN (LFN) will use the VMN's CoA, which is an address in the
mobile network, and the MR will route the packet directly on the local link.
Otherwise, the packet has to go back to the VMN's HA, which will require a trip
back to the MR's HA as well.
TJ

-- 
        T.J. Kniveton 
   Communication Systems Lab
     Nokia Research Center

---

From: "T.J. Kniveton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 13:07:08 -0700

Hi Annie,