Subject: [nemo] Routing Optimization WG Drafts

From: Thierry Ernst <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 16:43:05 +0900

Dear all,

You can check the entire discussion about NEMO RO on the minutes of
Minneapolis meeting ( http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/05mar/index.html
or http://www.mobilenetworks.org/nemo/ietf62/nemo-ietf62-minutes.txt ).

Here is the end of the discussion:
- CWN: What has been said today is that the first part of
  draft-thubert will be used as basis of problem statement?
- TE: use draft-thubert, split in two, 1 for PS, 1 for taxonomy.
- TE: let's take this to the ML to make sure of the consensus

So, unless people not present to the meeting have a strong argument
against the decision, the conclusion we reached at the meeting is that
draft-thubert-nemo-ro-taxonomy would be split in 2 parts (pb statement,
and solution analysis). We decided to confirm this on the list. 

(1) draft-ietf-nemo-ro-problem-statement: 

- would contain the short concise description of the RO problem

- use Section 2 of draft-thubert-nemo-ro-taxonomy-04.txt as the base
document, and merge in other missing contents outlined in the other
individual drafts.

- likely authors: ChanWah Ng, Pascal Thubert, Fan Zhao, Masafumi Watari

(2) draft-ietf-nemo-ro-space-analysis: 

would contain the more extensive analysis of the RO problem and
solution space, describing the general issues and tradeoffs of
different RO approaches, and also security/threat analysis.

- the remainder of draft-thubert-04 be used as the base and merged in
contents from other drafts as well.

- likely authors: ChanWah, Pascal, Fan.

Thierry.