Subject: [nemo] Some mistakes on RFC 3963

From: Bruno Deniaud <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 10:55:11 +0200

Hello all,

Thierry Ernst asked me to report mistakes found on RFC 3963 on this  
list, so here there are :

- Index, page 2 : 7.1
"Modified Dynamic Home Agent Discovery Request" => "Modified Dynamic  
Home Agent Address Discovery Request" (which appears on page 20)

- Index page 2 : 7.2 and page 20
"Modified Dynamic Home Agent Discovery Address Request" => "Modified  
Dynamic Home Agent Address Discovery Reply"

- Page 7 : 4.1
In the Binding Update figure, there is a bit M which is explicited  
neither in this RFC nor in the RFC referenced (MIPv6). Seems to come  
from HMIPv6 (?)

Hope this will help !

--
Bruno Deniaud
ARMOR/Point6
IRISA/INRIA Rennes

---

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 16:17:13 +0200

Bruno Deniaud wrote:
> - Index, page 2 : 7.1 "Modified Dynamic Home Agent Discovery Request"
> => "Modified Dynamic Home Agent Address Discovery Request" (which
> appears on page 20)
> 
> - Index page 2 : 7.2 and page 20 "Modified Dynamic Home Agent
> Discovery Address Request" => "Modified Dynamic Home Agent Address
> Discovery Reply"

Yes, thanks, let's keep those aside for further revisions.

> - Page 7 : 4.1 In the Binding Update figure, there is a bit M which
> is explicited neither in this RFC nor in the RFC referenced (MIPv6).
> Seems to come from HMIPv6 (?)

Yes, 'M's position was historically first used in the HMIPv6 drafts.
Maybe that should be referenced in the 3963 text as Informative
Reference.  I do not currently know the plan for the HMIPv6 draft.

Alex

---

From: Bruno Deniaud <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 16:29:45 +0200

> Yes, thanks, let's keep those aside for further revisions.

No problem ;)

> Reference.  I do not currently know the plan for the HMIPv6 draft.

I think it may be usefull to add this for people who are not familiar  
with HMIPv6 (like me). Or just mark it as "Reserved" ?

Thanks

---
Bruno DENIAUD, ARMOR/Point6/TIPI
IRISA-INRIA, Campus de Beaulieu, 35042 Rennes cedex, France
Tel: +33 (0) 2 99 84 75 74, Fax: +33 (0) 2 99 84 71 71