Subject: [nemo] Space-based deployment of NEMO (IPv4 version)

From: ivancic <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 21:29:11 -0400

Sorry I have not been to active on the lists.  Hopefully, that will change.

At the last IETF meeting I had many requests for information on 
deployment of mobile networking onboard a satellite.  I have finally 
completed the full detailed report and some executive summaries.  The 
full report describes the deployment including how the network is set 
up, how the satellite network operates and even includes router 
configurations for the home agent, foreign agent and mobile router.  An 
interesting note  is that triangular routing  or route optimization is 
definitely preferred over bidirectional tunneling due to rate mismatches 
- see the powerpoint presentation.  

The final report and executive summaries are available at the following URL:
http://roland.grc.nasa.gov/~ivancic/papers_presentations/papers.html

A presentation that has animation of the data flow is available at the 
same URL - pick or move down to the "Presentations" section.

"Secure, Network-Centric Operations of a Space-Based Asset: Cisco Router 
in Low-Earth Orbit (CLEO) and Virtual Mission Operations Center (VMOC)" 
Net-Centric Operations 2005, May 10-11, 2005 Washington, DC ( 
Powerpoint) file size 5,871,616 bytes

Sorry I have not been to active on the lists.  Hopefully, that will 
change soon.

Will