Subject: [nemo] Space-based deployment of NEMO (IPv4 version) - 2nd transmission

From: ivancic <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 17:06:41 -0400

Please excuse me if this is the second transmission.  I never saw the 
1st sending on this list.

At the last IETF meeting I had many requests for information on
deployment of mobile networking onboard a satellite.  I have finally
completed the full detailed report and some executive summaries.  The
full report describes the deployment including how the network is set
up, how the satellite network operates and even includes router
configurations for the home agent, foreign agent and mobile router.  An
interesting note  is that triangular routing  or route optimization is
definitely preferred over bidirectional tunneling due to rate mismatches
- see the powerpoint presentation.

The final report and executive summaries are available at the following URL:
http://roland.grc.nasa.gov/~ivancic/papers_presentations/papers.html

A presentation that has animation of the data flow is available at the
same URL - pick or move down to the "Presentations" section.

"Secure, Network-Centric Operations of a Space-Based Asset: Cisco Router
in Low-Earth Orbit (CLEO) and Virtual Mission Operations Center (VMOC)"
Net-Centric Operations 2005, May 10-11, 2005 Washington, DC (
Powerpoint) file size 5,871,616 bytes

Sorry I have not been to active on the lists.  Hopefully, that will
change soon.

Will