Subject: [nemo] cfp - NEMO Workshop (WONEMO) in Japan, January 2006. Papers by Oct.31, 2005

From: Thierry Ernst <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 19:18:32 +0900

Only 3 weeks left.

                                CFP
                      The First International 
                WOrkshop on NEtwork MObility (WONEMO)
                   January 19 2006, Sendai, Japan
   		    http://www.icoin.org/wonemo

         In conjunction with ICOIN http://www.icoin.org/
               January 16-19 2006, Sendai, Japan 

Important Dates
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All deadlines are 23:59:59 GMT. These are *firm* deadlines.

Paper submission deadline:                   Oct 31, 2005
Notification of acceptance:                  Nov 30, 2005
Camera-ready versions due:                   Dec 31, 2005

Scope
~~~~~

   Research in NEtwork MObility (NEMO) support mechanisms has been
   performed for some years. The purpose of network mobility support
   is to manage the change of the point of attachment of the mobile
   router connecting an entire network to the Internet topology. This
   would allow such a network, known as a "mobile network" (or a
   NEMO), to migrate in the IP topology. With such an approach to
   mobility management, anything could potentially be connected to the
   Internet, particularly PANs (Personal Area Networks, i.e. small
   networks attached to people and composed of Internet appliances
   like PDAs, mobile phones, digital cameras, etc.), networks of
   sensors deployed in vehicles (aircrafts, boats, buses, trains), and
   access networks deployed in public transportation (taxis, trains,
   aircrafts, trucks and personal cars) to provide Internet access to
   devices carried by their passengers (laptop, camera, mobile phone,
   and even PANs, therefore exhibiting what is referred to as a nested
   NEMO).

   The solution NEMO Basic Support (RFC 3963) specified for IPv6 by
   the IETF in the NEMO Working Group brings an answer to immediate
   needs, i.e. maintaining existing connections open, while
   optmization issues are left for later once research in this topic
   has reached maturity.

   The complexity of the configurations enabled by network mobility
   (nested mobility, multihomed NEMO, split NEMO) causes new issues,
   particularly on the routing optimization side. It does also
   challenge existing mechanisms for security, access control,
   multicast and quality of service applied to network mobility.

   The goal of the WONEMO workshop is to gather researchers in network
   mobility, to share the experience in implementations,
   experimentations, and to explore the deployment, usages, and
   research issues of NEMO-like networks.

   The workshop strongly encourages the submission of papers that
   challenge the research community with revolutionary new approaches,
   technologies, or usages in the field of NEMO. These
   "challenge papers" should provide stimulating ideas or visions that
   may open up exciting avenues of far-reaching future
   research. Descriptions of new products or simple evolution of
   existing work are not appropriate. We solicit full-length papers
   presenting original and unpublished work including, but not limited
   to the following topics:

   - Routing optimization in nested and non-nested NEMO
   - NEMO multihomed issues (multiple MRs, multiple prefixes,multiple
   interfaces)
   - Performances issues
   - Security and Access control mechanisms for nested and non-nested
NEMO   - Applications and usages of NEMO Basic Support
   - Auto-configuration for NEMO
   - Interaction between NEMO and ad-hoc networks
   - Simulation of network mobility (protocols and usages)
   - Description of actual implementations/experimentations of NEMO
   - Multicast in nested and non-nested NEMO
   - Simulation models and tools for network mobility
   
Submission
~~~~~~~~~~

   Papers should not exceed 8 pages.
   
   For submission, please follow the guidelines as indicated on
   http://www.icoin.org/wonemo/submission.html

General Chair
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Prof. Jun Murai, WIDE Project, Keio University, Japan

Program Co-chairs
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- Dr. Thierry Ernst, Keio University, Japan
- Dr. Ryuji Wakikawa, Keio University, Japan

Technical Program Committee 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- Prof. Yang Hee Choi (Seoul National University, South Korea)
- Dr. Gabriel Montenegro (Microsoft, USA)
- Dr. Thomas Noel (ULP Strasbourg, France)
- Prof. Fumio Teraoka (Keio University, Japan)
- Prof. Chung-Ming Huang (National Cheng Kung University, Taiwan)
- Vijay Devarapalli (Nokia, USA)
- Takashi Aramaki (Panasonic, Japan) 
(More to be confirmed)

[Last Modified: 2005/10/06]