Subject: [nemo] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-nemo-ro-space-analysis-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 10:50:03 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network Mobility Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Network Mobility Route Optimization Solution Space Analysis
	Author(s)	: C. Ng, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-nemo-ro-space-analysis-01.txt
	Pages		: 40
	Date		: 2005-10-27
	
With current Network Mobility (NEMO) Basic Support, all
   communications to and from Mobile Network Nodes must go through the
   MRHA tunnel when the mobile network is away.  This results in
   increased length of packet route and increased packet delay in most
   cases.  To overcome these limitations, one might have to turn to
   Route Optimization (RO) for NEMO.  This memo documents various types
   of Route Optimization in NEMO, and explores the benefits and
   tradeoffs in different aspects of NEMO Route Optimization.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nemo-ro-space-analysis-01.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-nemo-ro-space-analysis-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nemo-ro-space-analysis-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Chan-Wah Ng <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 21:07:40 +0800

Hello all,

Some "advertisements" for this draft :)

The change-log says:

   o  draft-ietf-nemo-ro-space-analysis-01:
      *  Changed the term "Correspondent Agent" to "Correspondent
         Entity" [Issue #13]
      *  Added clarifying text to some benefits listed in Sect 2 [Issue
         #14]
      *  Added clarifying text to Sect 4.1, 4.3 and 4.4 [Issue #5, #6,
         #16]
      *  Added Section 4.9 [Issue #3]
      *  Added clarifying text to various parts of Sect 5 [Issue #7, #8,
         #9, #11, and #16]
      *  Combined "MR as a Proxy" and "MR as a Transparent Proxy" in
         Sect 5.5.1 [Issue #11]
      *  Changed the term "identity of MNN" to "address of MNN" in Sect
         5.5 [Issue #12]
      *  Added text on signaling using upper layer protocols in Sect 5.6
      *  Added more security consideration to Sect 5.8 [Issue #15]

As seen above, this version mainly addresses the issues brought up for -00.
The issues list is now available at:

http://www.mobilenetworks.org/~chanwah/rosa/issues.html

I would appreciate if the originators of the issues (i.e. Jari, Carlos,
Alexandru) check through to see if the issues are sufficiently dealt
with in -01.

Thanks,

/rgds
/cwng

On Thu, 2005-10-27 at 10:50 -0400, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> I-D-Announce mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce

---

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 18:58:04 +0100

I agree with issue numbers that have been suggested by myself - they've
been dealt with.  It was about CA and MNN terms.  The first one is
integrated (became CE) and the last one isn't and probably will never be
("MNN" is here to stay).

The draft looks good to me overall, has good abstract and a relatively
complete analysis of possible RO solutions for NEMO.  It's also good for
me it doesn't have strong recommendations.

It should be used as a good starting point for designing a NEMO RO
solution, when time arrives.

Alex

Chan-Wah Ng wrote:

> o  draft-ietf-nemo-ro-space-analysis-01: *  Changed the term
> "Correspondent Agent" to "Correspondent Entity" [Issue #13] *  Added
> clarifying text to some benefits listed in Sect 2 [Issue #14] *
> Added clarifying text to Sect 4.1, 4.3 and 4.4 [Issue #5, #6, #16] *
> Added Section 4.9 [Issue #3] *  Added clarifying text to various
> parts of Sect 5 [Issue #7, #8, #9, #11, and #16] *  Combined "MR as a
> Proxy" and "MR as a Transparent Proxy" in Sect 5.5.1 [Issue #11] *
> Changed the term "identity of MNN" to "address of MNN" in Sect 5.5
> [Issue #12] *  Added text on signaling using upper layer protocols in
> Sect 5.6 *  Added more security consideration to Sect 5.8 [Issue #15]
> 
> 
> As seen above, this version mainly addresses the issues brought up
> for -00. The issues list is now available at:
> 
> I would appreciate if the originators of the issues (i.e. Jari,
> Carlos, Alexandru) check through to see if the issues are
> sufficiently dealt with in -01.
> 
> Thanks,
> 
> /rgds /cwng
> 
> 
>> A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
>> directories. This draft is a work item of the Network Mobility
>> Working Group of the IETF.
>> 
>> Title		: Network Mobility Route Optimization Solution Space
>> Analysis Author(s)	: C. Ng, et al. Filename	:
>> draft-ietf-nemo-ro-space-analysis-01.txt Pages		: 40 Date		:
>> 2005-10-27  With current Network Mobility (NEMO) Basic Support, all
>>  communications to and from Mobile Network Nodes must go through
>> the MRHA tunnel when the mobile network is away.  This results in 
>> Route Optimization (RO) for NEMO.  This memo documents various
>> types of Route Optimization in NEMO, and explores the benefits and 
>> To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message
>> to [email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the
>> body of the message. You can also visit
>> https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce to change your
>> subscription settings.
>> 
>> 
>> Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
>> username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After
>> logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then "get
>> draft-ietf-nemo-ro-space-analysis-01.txt".
>> 
>> http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html or
>> ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt
>> 
>> 
>> Send a message to: [email-masked]. In the body type: "FILE
>> /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nemo-ro-space-analysis-01.txt".  NOTE:
>> The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in MIME-encoded
>> form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this feature, insert the
>> command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE" command.  To decode the
>> response(s), you will need "munpack" or a MIME-compliant mail
>> reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers exhibit different
>> behavior, especially when dealing with "multipart" MIME messages
>> (i.e. documents which have been split up into multiple messages),
>> so check your local documentation on how to manipulate these
>> messages.   Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant
>> mail reader implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII
>> version of the Internet-Draft. 
>> _______________________________________________ I-D-Announce
>> mailing list [email-masked]