Subject: [nemo] Making NEMO...

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 May 2006 12:21:36 +0200

Dear WG members,

Building moving networks with network mobility is one main goal of
this Working Group.  We have produced an RFC based on IPv6 and Mobile
IPv6 for this.  We have some interoperable implementations, validation
tests and demos.

It's known it is not enough to just agree on a spec and prototype it in
order to obtain widespread deployment.  But when the existing network
mobility deployments are profitable businesses and make no use of the
products of this WG there may be some questions to be raised.

Two example uses of Mobile Router and NEMO that don't use IPv6 at all:

http://tinyurl.com/s84r7 describes a wireless Mobile Router.

http://tinyurl.com/qb7ka describes a bus with a moving network
connected to sattelite.  There's even a van called NEMO.

Remark I do not oppose any IPv6 work, I'm doing myself lots of it from
text to prototyping; but I find opposing IPv4 work in this WG to be
debatable.

Alex

---

From: Thierry Ernst <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 14:02:20 +0200

Alex, what are you talking about by saying "make no use of the products
of this WG there may be some questions to be raised" , that RFC 3963 is
not used ?  There exists concurrent solutions not based on RFC 3963, but
it does mean that the work being done by this WG are not used.

If you simply intend to be provocative, I would like to ask to refrain
doing this (chair's hat on).

Thierry

On Fri, 05 May 2006 12:21:36 +0200

-- 
Thierry ERNST, PhD
INRIA Rocquencourt Projet IMARA
+33 1 39 63 59 30