Subject: [nemo] proxy vagueness for IPv4 HoA in DS-MIPv6, draft-ietf-mip6-nemo-v4traversal-01.txt

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 14:03:36 +0200

Some comments on proxy behaviour of DS-MIPv6 HA 
draft-ietf-mip6-nemo-v4traversal-01.txt.

The draft currently says:
>    A home agent must also act as a proxy for address resolution in IPv4
>    for the registered IPv4 home addresses of mobile nodes it is serving.

The draft doesn't mention anything about ARP.

I was wondering whether HA should do proxy ARP for the real IPv4 HoA or 
proxy ND for IPv4-mapped IPv6 address (derived from the IPv4 HoA).

I personally think it should do proxy ARP and not proxy ND, because I 
don't know how ND works with IPv4-mapped IPv6 addresses.

If so, maybe it should be specified in the draft.

What do you think?

Alex

---

From: Keiichi SHIMA <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 21:23:38 +0900 (JST)

Hi,

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>

> don't know how ND works with IPv4-mapped IPv6 addresses.

I raised this problem as issue 58.

http://www.mip4.org/issues/tracker/mip6/issue58

---
Keiichi SHIMA
IIJ Research Laboratory <[email-masked]>
WIDE Project <[email-masked]>