Subject: [nemo] Potential conflict on NEMOv4 Type and FA-ERR Type

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 18:50:47 +0200

I've been pointed that there seems to be a potential conflict on NEMOv4
Mobile Network Extension Type and FA-Err Type.

NEMOv4 uses a new Type (to be assigned by IANA) in Mobile Network
Extension.  We suggested in the draft that it be 45.

FA-ERR draft-ietf-mip4-faerr-02.txt uses Type 45 for FA Error Extension
(already assigned by IANA).  The draft does not specify 45, just says
TBA by IANA.  IANA seems to have assigned it, see
http://www.iana.org/assignments/mobileip-numbers.

draft-ietf-mobileip-gen-key-01.txt implemented in dynamics 0.8.1 uses 45
too, but I think this can be ignored, because  I think this work has
been evolved into draft-rfc3012bis which uses Type 24.

To solve the issue between NEMOv4 and FA-ERR I suggest that we use Type
46 - and not 45 - in NEMOv4 implementation, until IANA assigns a Type
for NEMOv4 Mobile Network Extension.

What do you think?

Alex

---

From: Vijay Devarapalli <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 11:20:58 -0700

> for NEMOv4 Mobile Network Extension.

IMO, you should leave it to be assigned by the IANA.
not suggest any value at all. IANA will just pick
the next available one.

Vijay