Subject: [nemo] WGLC NEMOv4

From: Thierry Ernst <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 13:41:31 +0200

Dear all,

Authors of 
IPv4 Network Mobility (NEMO) Basic Support Protocol
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nemo-v4-base-01.txt
have expressed confidence that the document is ready for a NEMO Working
Group Last Call.

So, please send your comment on the draft between now and the expiration
of this WGLC Sept 30.  For each new issue you may raise, please pick up
a meaningful subject line bearing the prefix "WGLC NEMOv4: YOUR_TEXT".

Abstract:
 This document describes the support of Mobile Networks, as defined in
   Mobile IPv4, by the Mobile Router and Home Agent.  A Mobile Router is
   responsible for the mobility of one or more network segments or
   subnets moving together.  The Mobile Router hides its mobility from
   the nodes on the mobile network.  The nodes on the Mobile Network may
   be fixed in relationship to the Mobile Router and may not have any
   mobility function.

   Extensions to Mobile IPv4 are introduced to support Mobile Networks.

Thierry.

---

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 14:42:09 +0200

Thierry Ernst wrote:
> Dear all,
> 
> Authors of IPv4 Network Mobility (NEMO) Basic Support Protocol 
> have expressed confidence that the document is ready for a NEMO 
> Working Group Last Call.
> 
> So, please send your comment on the draft between now and the 
> expiration of this WGLC Sept 30.  For each new issue you may raise, 
> please pick up a meaningful subject line bearing the prefix "WGLC 
> NEMOv4: YOUR_TEXT".

Thanks Thierry for issuing this WGLC.

Let me add interoperability remarks on NEMOv4.  The protocol is ready
for implementation and for interoperability tests.  We have an internal
complete draft-01 NEMOv4 implementation derived from Dynamics, running
on linux MR and HA.  We used WireShark protocol analyzer for development
(similar to Ethereal, see wireshark.org).  The NEMOv4 WireShark
packet-mip.c is available upon request, which displays NEMOv4 packets
correctly.

For this implementation (and analyzer) we used the numbers in draft-00
document, and we really need the numbers assigned by IANA in order to
perform interoperability with other implementations.

Alex

> 
> Abstract: This document describes the support of Mobile Networks, as
>  defined in Mobile IPv4, by the Mobile Router and Home Agent.  A 
> Mobile Router is responsible for the mobility of one or more network
>  segments or subnets moving together.  The Mobile Router hides its 
> mobility from the nodes on the mobile network.  The nodes on the 
> Mobile Network may be fixed in relationship to the Mobile Router and
>  may not have any mobility function.
>