Subject: [nemo] Prefix Delegation documents

From: Romain KUNTZ <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 10:58:59 +0200

Hello,

I'm wondering what is the current status of the Prefix Delegation  
documents for NEMO: one seems to be still active and is referenced by  
the NEMO charter page (draft-ietf-nemo-prefix-delegation) but the  
other WG document (draft-ietf-nemo-dhcpv6-pd) does not appear  
anymore. Is it still supported by the WG?

Regards,
-- 
Romain KUNTZ
[email-masked]
Louis Pasteur University - Networks and Protocols Team

---

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 11:17:41 +0200

> anymore. Is it still supported by the WG?

I would like to second the question, thanks for the replies.

The work is mentioned in MEXT WG Charter "(B.3) Finish working group
documents that are currently in process, and submit for RFC. This
includes prefix delegation protocol mechanism for network mobility, and
a MIB for NEMO Basic Support."

(Personally, I've made up my mind.  If until now I supported both, I
think only the one doing DHCPv6 Prefix Delegation makes sense.

The issue with the one doing prefix allocation with BU/BAck is that a
similar thing is proposed in NETLMM WG: put ::/0 in PBU and receive
prefix in PBAck.

These two things (MNP in BAck and HNP in PBAck) are practically the same
thing; but done with different encodings, with different assumptions and
  different technologies - an incoherency.

DHCPv6-PD can do that and much more, more advanced architectures are
supported, lifetimes, advanced configuration, and so on.  BEsides, there
are some implementations opensource.)

Alex

______________________________________________________________________
This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System.
For more information please visit http://www.messagelabs.com/email 
______________________________________________________________________