Subject: [MEXT] A new version of draft was posted (draft-ietf-mip6-hiopt-10.txt)

From: Heejin Jang <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 02:01:35 +0000 (GMT)

Hi, Jari.
 
The hiopt-draft was revised reflecting  the below comments and posted as follows.
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mip6-hiopt-10.txt
 
Thanks for your efforts and kind consideration. :)
 
- Best Regards, 
Heejin.

------- Original Message -------
Sender : Jari Arkko<[email-masked]>
Date   : 2008-01-21 03:19 (GMT+09:00)
Title  : draft-ietf-mip6-hiopt situation

Issues from my AD review have been addressed. I have also gone
through the changes related to Bernie&#39;s review. The following issues
appear insufficiently addressed:

- Adding IANA rules on how new allocations can be made
- Adding IANA instructions on id-type field
- References regarding FQDN encoding are not all in place

However, I have started IETF Last Call despite these issues. The
tracker has RFC Editor notes fixing these (copied below). If the
authors can update the draft in the next couple of days even
during the last call, that would be helpful for reviewers.

Jari

  Change in Section 3.1:
  OLD:
  This field MUST be set in the form of FQDN [RFC1035].
  NEW:
  This field MUST be set in the form of FQDN, encoded
  as specified in Section 8 of [RFC3315].

  Change in Section 3.3.1:
  OLD:
    A home network prefix, home agent IP address or home agent
    FQDN to be provided to a mobile node according to the
    sub-opt-code.
  NEW:
    A home network prefix, home agent IP address or home agent
    FQDN to be provided to a mobile node according to the
    sub-opt-code. These are encoded as specified in Section
    3.2.1.

  Add the following text to the end of the IANA Considerations
  section:
   
    These Sub-option Codes should be placed in a new name
    space "DHCPv6 Mobile IPv6 Sub-option Codes" under the same
    registry. Future values can be allocated via Standards
    Action or IESG Approval.

    In addition, a new name space "Home Network Identifier
    Option id-type Values" should be created, again in the
    same registry. Values 0, 1, and 2 are assigned by this
    document as specified in Section 3.1. Future values can
    be allocated via Standards Action or IESG Approval.
_______________________________________________
MEXT mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mext