Subject: [MEXT] [Recharter] MIPv6 home link operation in various SDOs

From: marcelo bagnulo braun <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 19:11:12 +0100

Many SDOs are considering the use of point-to-point links between the  
mobile node and the home agent as a home link for Mobile IPv6 to avoid  
the tunneling overhead. Some of these point-to-point links do not  
support running neighbor discovery. Attaching to the home link and  
returning to the home procedures need to be analyzed for these point- 
to-point links, possible with the use of binding update and binding  
acknowledgment messages.

_______________________________________________
MEXT mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mext

---

From: "George Tsirtsis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 12:24:15 +0000

Hi all,

I think this description and the associated presentation in the last
IETF suffer from the same problems:

- the problem is not at all clear. The SDO referred to below runs ND
on point to point links as if they were broadcast links. Also not
clear what the problem is on other point to point links
- the description of the problem attempts to already point to the
solution by referring to possible use of BU/BA

Since the problem description is not clear and there is no published
draft exploring the problem and solution space so we can have a
reasonable discussion about this, I do not think the WG is ready to
take up this issue.

Someone needs to explain the problem in detail by publishing a draft.
It is possible I we are missing an issue that needs some work but as
of now I just do not see it.

Unless something changes fast...this is also going low on my ordered list.

Regards
George

---

From: Vijay Devarapalli <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 08:48:00 -0800

> Someone needs to explain the problem in detail by publishing a draft.

I am working on the draft. I should be able to submit it in the next
few days.

Vijay