Subject: [MEXT] [Recharter] Mobile IPv6 Bootstrapping for the Authentication Option Protocol

From: marcelo bagnulo braun <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 19:14:11 +0100

Existing bootstrapping mechanisms for Mobile IPv6 only address the use  
of IKEv2/IPsec for protecting Mobile IPv6 signaling messages.  
Bootstrapping a home address and security associationswhen RFC 4285 is  
used are not addressed. This draft describes bootstrapping mechanisms  
for using RFC 4285 with Mobile IPv6.

_______________________________________________
MEXT mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mext

---

From: "George Tsirtsis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 12:04:36 +0000

Hi all,

I am repeating myself but given the fact that, as far as the IETF is
concerned, IPSEC should be used for securing MIPv6 and not RFC4285
(see IESG Note inside it), I think the WG should not spend any time on
this.

If documenting this is needed by an external entity then it could be
handled as a personal contribution.

This is going straight to the bottom of my ordered list (to be provided soon).

Regards
George