Subject: [MEXT] [Fwd: I-D Action:draft-bernardos-mext-nemo-ro-cr-00.txt]

From: Carlos Jesús Bernardos Cano <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 20:30:41 +0200

Hi,

	We've submitted a draft revisiting the Correspondent Router based NEMO
RO approach. Comments are welcome.

	Thanks,

	Carlos

-- 
Carlos Jesús Bernardos Cano     http://www.netcoms.net
GPG FP: D29B 0A6A 639A A561 93CA  4D55 35DC BA4D D170 4F67

Subject: I-D Action:draft-bernardos-mext-nemo-ro-cr-00.txt
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 12:45:02 -0700 (PDT)
List-Id: Internet Draft Announcements only <i-d-announce.ietf.org>

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Correspondent Router based Route Optimisation for NEMO (CRON)
	Author(s)       : C. Bernardos, et al.
	Filename        : draft-bernardos-mext-nemo-ro-cr-00.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2008-07-07

The Network Mobility Basic Support protocol enables networks to roam
and attach to different access networks without disrupting the
ongoing sessions that nodes of the network may have.  By extending
the Mobile IPv6 support to Mobile Routers, nodes of the network are
not required to support any kind of mobility, since packets must go
through the Mobile Router-Home Agent (MRHA) bi-directional tunnel.
Communications from/to a mobile network have to traverse the Home
Agent, and therefore better paths may be available.  Additionally,
this solution adds packet overhead, due to the encapsulation.

This document describes an approach to the Route Optimisation for
NEMO, based on the well-known concept of Correspondent Router.  The
solution aims at meeting the currently identified NEMO Route
Optimisation requirements for Operational Use in Aeronautics and
Space Exploration.  Based on the ideas that have been proposed in the
past, as well as some other extensions, this document describes a
Correspondent Router based solution, trying to identify the most
important open issues.

The main goal of this first version of the document is to describe an
initial NEMO RO solution based on the deployment of Correspondent
Routers and trigger the discussion within the MEXT WG about this kind
of solution.

This document (in an appendix) also analyses how a Correspondent
Router based solution fits each of the currently identified NEMO
Route Optimisation requirements for Operational Use in Aeronautics
and Space Exploration.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bernardos-mext-nemo-ro-cr-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt
_______________________________________________
MEXT mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mext