Subject: [MEXT] Is packet from CN to LFN always going through HA1 and HA2 after MR chose HA2?

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 17:31:03 +0200

Is packet from CN to LFN always go through HA1 _and_ HA2 after MR chose HA2?

Is this better performing than packet going only to HA1?

Alex

______________________________________________________________________
This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System.
For more information please visit http://www.messagelabs.com/email 
______________________________________________________________________
_______________________________________________
MEXT mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mext

---

From: Ryuji Wakikawa <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 00:51:17 +0900

Hi Alex,

well, how you define close in this RO context.
Both HAs advertise the same prefix (anycast), CN's packet is routed to  
the closest HA (HA2) to CN.

HA2 can directly route this packet to MN, but we need modifications to  
mobile node and mobile router to receive packets from multiple HAs.

The global HAHA is extension free to mobile nodes;-)

ryuji