Subject: [MEXT] Emails from <[email-masked]> when new issues are created

From: "Charles E. Perkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 11:59:27 -0700

Hello folks,

The issue tracker sends out notifications to the mailing list when
new tickets are created to track the issues.  That's good, but
the text of the message includes all of the formatting characters,
and that makes it less than useful for reading through the actual
text of the issue.

At the bottom of the email there is a URL for the actual issue
as displayed by the issue tracker, and that displayed version
looks pretty good.  So, for instance, to see that intended text
for issue #13, take a look at:
   http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/wg/mext/trac/ticket/13

Also, as an aside, I am on a mission of discovery to figure
out how to do a better job of formatting the text of the issue
in "wiki" formatting as well as HTML formatting.  I've solved
several problems compared to earlier efforts, but still the
indentations are wrong.  Besides, the indicated texts do not
exactly conform to the email messages of the authors to which
the texts are ascribed.   Putting everything in _verbatim_ is,
I feel certain, also not the answer.

So if anyone has suggestions for improvements please let
me know.

Regards,
Charlie P.

_______________________________________________
MEXT mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mext