Subject: Re: [MEXT] [mext] #1: Last Accepted SQN [Ahmad Muhanna <[email-masked]>]

From: "Mext Issue Tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 17:59:40 -0000

#1: Last Accepted SQN [Ahmad Muhanna <[email-masked]>]
----------------------------------------+-----------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]     |        Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                      |       Status:  new                  
 Priority:  major                       |    Milestone:                       
Component:  draft-ietf-mext-rfc3775bis  |      Version:                       
 Severity:                              |   Resolution:                       
 Keywords:                              |  
----------------------------------------+-----------------------------------

Comment(by [email-masked]):

 I have made the revisions to resolve and close Issue #1.

 The intention in RFC 3775 was pretty clearly to allow the mobile
 node to update its record for the sequence number.  An authenticated
 Binding Acknowledgement is clearly useful for this purpose.  The
 discussion up until now was sticking on the need for a new protocol
 element, which Ahmad specified as an extension.

 Since I'm in the process of collecting mailing-list inputs and
 trying to make recommendations according to the discussion
 so far, I thought I'd like to at least suggest a text revision for
 rfc3775bis that (a) allows the original intention of RFC 3775
 but (b) does not require a new protocol element.

 ========================================================================

 OLD TEXT:

   o  The Sequence Number field matches the Sequence Number sent by the
      mobile node to this destination address in an outstanding Binding
      Update.

 ========================================================================

 NEW TEXT:

   o  The Sequence Number field matches the Sequence Number sent by the
      mobile node to this destination address in an outstanding Binding
      Update, and the Status field is not 135.

 ... and, just before the bulleted text for Status field #1 (currently on
    pg. 139):

   o  Additionally, if the Binding Acknowledgement correctly passes
      authentication and the Status field value is 135 (Sequence Number
      out of window), then the mobile node MUST update its binding
      sequence number appropriately to match the sequence number given
      in the Binding Acknowledgement.  Otherwise, if the Status field
      value is 135 but the Binding Acknowledgement does not pass
      authentication, the message MUST be silently ignored.

 ========================================================================

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/mext/trac/ticket/1#comment:4>
mext <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/mext/>

_______________________________________________
MEXT mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mext

---

From: "Mext Issue Tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 18:00:12 -0000

#1: Last Accepted SQN [Ahmad Muhanna <[email-masked]>]
----------------------------------------+-----------------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]     |        Owner:  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                      |       Status:  closed               
 Priority:  major                       |    Milestone:                       
Component:  draft-ietf-mext-rfc3775bis  |      Version:                       
 Severity:                              |   Resolution:  fixed                
 Keywords:                              |  
----------------------------------------+-----------------------------------
Changes (by [email-masked]):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/mext/trac/ticket/1#comment:5>
mext <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/mext/>