Subject: [MEXT] Concerning DSMIP6 section 2.3.2.2

From: "Julien Bournelle" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 04:58:02 +0100

Hi,

 Regarding the section 2.3.2.2, we have the following explanation:

   "After accepting the binding update, the home agent MUST create a new
   binding cache entry for the mobile node's IPv6 home address. If an
   IPv4 home address option were included, the home agent MUST create
   another entry for that address. All entries MUST point to the mobile
   node's IPv4 care-of address included in the binding update message.
   In addition, the tunnel used MUST indicate UDP encapsulation for NAT
   traversal. Hence, all packets addressed to the mobile node's home
   address(es) (IPv4 or IPv6) will be encapsulated in UDP then
   encapsulated in an IPv4 header that includes the home agent's IPv4
   address in the source address field and the mobile node's IPv4 care-
   of address in the destination address field."

My understanding is that the IPv4 CoA is the private address, thus I
don't think it will work if the HA sends UDP-encapsulated IPv4 packets
to the IPv4 CoA. It should send them to the IPv4 address received in
the source
address field of the IPv4 packet containing the binding update (as
stated later in the document in section 4.5.1).
.
I guess this should be corrected.

 Regards,

 Julien
_______________________________________________
MEXT mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mext

---

From: Hesham Soliman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 19:14:48 +1100

We just need to make it clear that it is the CoA as seen by the HA. I.e. The
src address in the v4 header.

Hesham