Subject: Proposed Changes to Notification Draft in -03

From: "Sharon Chisholm" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 08:33:31 -0400

Hi

The following changes, based on the Montreal meeting, have been made to
Netconf Event Notification draft that will be posted shortly. Note that
as there have been some rather large changes to the document, we have
not noted previous section numbers or exact text being deleted, modified
or added, but rather summarize the changes. Please let us know now if
there are any comments on this.

Document changes

1.	Removed all appendices (agent initiated sessions, syslog
transport, configuration change notifications)
2.	Removed all content related information from the header
(eventClasses, sequenceNumber, timestamp, etc.) and related discussions.
These concepts are now only used in examples within the <data> tag.
3.	Made corrections to subtree filtering examples (only OR
operations supported)
4.	Removed notion of mixed mode (i.e. ability to issue commands and
receive event notifications on a single session/channel). Related
operations (e.g. <modify-subcription>, <cancel-subscription> removed)
5.	Modified read-only (monitoring) data model for agent
notification (subscription) activity to reflect protocol changes. 
6.	Introduced the concept of event streams
7.	Introduced a default NETCONF notifications stream 
8.	Added schemas to support retrieval of event streams information
to aid subscription process
9.	Modified <create-subscription> to accept name of event stream
10.	Added capability to support event notification replay
11.	Clarified the subscription lifecycle (transient, only valid for
the life of the session)
12.	No specialized "get-*" operations. Using standard NETCONF
operations for retrieval of notification related information
13.	Note that replay requires dedicated subscription. This was done
to avoid having to deal with in-order delivery of notification (i.e.
temporal delivery) which puts a delay on the delivery of new
notifications. 
14.	Fixed some Schema bugs
15.	Updated Requirements Section reflecting Montreal meeting
16.	Added definition of subscription to section 1.1
17.	Deleted old discussion on architecture in favour of some figured
based on Phil's draft shown later in the document.
18.	Deleted discussion on how to declare something is a notification
within the XML Schema.
19.   Removed detailed discussion of syslog.

Sharon Chisholm
Nortel 
Ottawa, Ontario
Canada

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/netconf/>

---

From: Andy Bierman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 19:40:17 -0700

> there are any comments on this.

Looks great!
Looks like a lot of work too.

thanks,
Andy