Subject: interim meeting - clarifications

From: "Hector Trevino \(htrevino\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 07:22:13 -0700

Andy,

From meeting minutes

5.4) Filtering

The use of POSIX regular expressions is planned for this

feature.  There are still a lot of details that need to

be written down before an interoperable filtering

mechanism (i.e., same NETCONF behavior across agents)

is fully defined.

It was noted that the function library of XPATH 2.0 supports 

regular expressions in the function library. XPATH 1.0 does 

not have something like that.

The authors will propose some text in the next revision of 

the Notifications I-D.

Question: The current notifications draft uses the same filtering
mechanism as those identified in the netconf protocol doc. Wouldn't it
be more appropriate to add this information (i.e. filtering using XPATH
2.0 reg exp) to the main protocol document after it becomes an RFC? By
doing this we maintain the two docs in sync wrt filtering features.  
thanks 
Hector Trevino
Network Management Technology Group (NMTG)
Cisco Systems Inc.        Voice:  720-875-1369
Suite 400                 Mobile: 303-619-3172     
9155 E. Nichols Ave       Fax:    720-875-1414
Englewood, CO             E-mail: [email-masked]
80112

---

From: Andy Bierman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 07:46:06 -0700

> doing this we maintain the two docs in sync wrt filtering features.  

IMO, it would be more appropriate to put this new filtering in a separate
document, with its own capability.  The base protocol doesn't need to
change to add a new capability.

> Hector Trevino

Andy

--
to unsubscribe send a message to [email-masked] with
the word 'unsubscribe' in a single line as the message text body.
archive: <http://ops.ietf.org/lists/netconf/>