Subject: [Netconf] netconf-tls

From: "David Harrington" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 10:39:21 -0400

Hi,

The syslog WG is finalizing their document on syslog-tls. The IESG
review raised a number of DISCUSSES for important security issues.

draft-hodges-server-ident-check-00 is an attempt to standardize how
applications check server identities using TLS. I strongly recommend
the editors of netconf-tls pay close attention to the work being done
for syslog-tls and the hodges draft, to ensure consistency and
compatibility and to ease the approval path.

David Harrington
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Netconf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netconf

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 20:42:29 +0200 (CEST)

Dear David,

I read the draft (expired since 2 weeks), which extracts the "server
identity check" from RFC4513, and I think it is equivalent to Section 5 of
RFC4642 (used by "Netconf over TLS"). However, it is a good idea to
standardize how applications check server identities using TLS, and I will
update the document with regards to IESG comments on syslog-tls regarding
the identity check.

Best regards
Badra

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 20:42:29 +0200 (CEST)

Dear David,

Best regards
Badra