Subject: [Netconf] I-D Action:draft-ietf-netconf-tls-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 04:30:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network Configuration Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : NETCONF over Transport Layer Security (TLS)
	Author(s)       : M. Badra, I. Hajjeh
	Filename        : draft-ietf-netconf-tls-04.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2008-09-04

The Network Configuration Protocol (NETCONF) provides mechanisms to 
install, manipulate, and delete the configuration of network devices.  
This document describes how to use the Transport Layer Protocol (TLS) 
to secure NETCONF exchanges.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-netconf-tls-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Netconf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netconf

---

From: Mohamad Badra <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2008 13:47:30 +0200

Dear all

I posted a new version of "Netconf over TLS" document. It incorporates 
the Security AD reviews and suggestions (e.g., removing the 
password-based authentication).

Currently, there is a discussion on the syslog mailing list regarding 
the client/server identity check and the authorization when syslog is 
used over TLS. "Netconf over TLS" applies the rules described in RFC4642 
to check the server/client identity (There rules are equivalent to those 
described in RFC4513, and recently in the I-D 
draft-hodges-server-ident-check-00). But RFC4642 doesn't discuss the 
authorization.

Please comment on that new version and kindly say your opinion regarding 
the identity check; the document cannot move forward without your input 
and contribution.

Best regards,
Mohamad Badra
CNRS - LIMOS Laboratory

---

From: Mohamad Badra <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2008 13:47:30 +0200

Dear all

Best regards,
Mohamad Badra
CNRS - LIMOS Laboratory