Subject: [Netconf] Fwd: I-D Action:draft-bierman-netconf-system-monitoring-00.txt

From: Andy Bierman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 16:58:09 -0700

Hi,

I have submitted a YANG module for system monitoring.
In order to really get started with
domain-specific standard configuration modules,
some very basic system information is needed.

This draft proposes some notifications,
including 1 called 'sys-capability-change', intended to
address the current 'capability-changed' error debate
wrt/ the 4741bis draft.  IMO, a notification is sufficient
and a complicated error-tag + client-hello-parameter +
resynch-operation is over-kill, to solve this problem.

Other data and notification events are included
for people to throw darts at.  My goal is to keep
this module as small and simple as possible.

thanks,
Andy

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: I-D Action:draft-bierman-netconf-system-monitoring-00.txt
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 16:45:09 -0700 (PDT)
From: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : NETCONF System Monitoring
	Author(s)       : A. Bierman
	Filename        : draft-bierman-netconf-system-monitoring-00.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2010-06-10

The NETCONF protocol provides mechanisms to manipulate configuration
datastores.  However, client applications often need to examine
system information to determine the appropriate configuration
requirements.  In addition, common system events such as a change in
system capabilities may impact management applications.  Standard
mechanisms are needed to support the monitoring of the managed system
supported by a NETCONF server.  This document defines a YANG module
for the monitoring of system information, which allows a NETCONF
client to identify system properties and receive notifications for
system events.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bierman-netconf-system-monitoring-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.