Subject: [Netconf] FW: COMMENT: <draft-ietf-netconf-with-defaults-12.txt>

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 08:37:56 +0200

Hi Andy,

Please address the issues raised by Peter in his COMMENT. 

Thanks and Regards,

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Peter Saint-Andre
Sent: Wednesday, October 27, 2010 4:35 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked];
[email-masked]
Subject: COMMENT: <draft-ietf-netconf-with-defaults-12.txt>

Comment:
1. I would like to echo Alexey's "discuss-discuss".

2. It's not clear why the 'default' attribute qualified by the
"urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netconf:default:1.0" namespace is called "the
'wd:default' attribute"; does this assume that the attribute will always
be prefixed with "wd:"? If so, why?

3. The text mentions that a server will check if default="true", but the
boolean datatype in XML Schema Part 2 has two lexical representations
for logical TRUE (both "true" and "1" are valid). An implementation note
might be appropriate, such as:

   In accordance with Section 3.2.2.1 of XML Schema Part 2: Datatypes, 
   the allowable lexical representations for the xs:boolean datatype are

   the strings "0" and "false" for the concept of false and the strings
"1" and 
   "true" for the concept of true; implementations MUST support both
styles 
   of lexical representation.

---

From: Andy Bierman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 10:38:31 -0700

Hi,

1)  The complexity that the client has to deal with is minimal.
    The 'merge' and 'remove' operations can be used instead of
    'create' and 'delete', for example.  In this case, the with-defaults
    behavior is irrelevant. 

2) The default attribute needs to be qualified since it can appear
   anywhere in the configuration data.  The prefix wd: is not intended
   to imply or require any particular XML encoding.  Any legal XML
   encoding is allowed.  Since you were confused by this, maybe it will
   help to s/wd:default/default.

3) I will add text that says the xs:boolean values '0' and '1' must be
   supported for the default attribute value.

Andy

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Romascanu, Dan (Dan)
Sent: Tuesday, October 26, 2010 11:38 PM
To: netconf
Subject: [Netconf] FW: COMMENT: <draft-ietf-netconf-with-defaults-12.txt>

 Hi Andy,

Thanks and Regards,

Dan

-----Original Message-----

Comment:

_______________________________________________
Netconf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netconf