Subject: [Netconf] Warren Kumari's No Objection on draft-ietf-netconf-nmda-netconf-06: (with COMMENT)

From: Warren Kumari <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2018 17:07:07 -0700

Warren Kumari has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-netconf-nmda-netconf-06: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netconf-nmda-netconf/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll be honest -- I was expecting this review to be long, annoying and
unpleasant. It is documenting changes to some fundamental bits, and on matters
where I always feel like I *should( have more expertise / knowledge... and so I
set aside time on a flight to be able to focus on this....

It turns out to have been a very well, clearly written and understandable
document...

I only have a *minor* suggestion:
"3.1.1.3.  Example: Retrieving an entire subtree from <running>

The following example shows the <get-data> version of the
   <get-config> example shown in Section 7.1 of [RFC6241].
"

Seeing that this is an introductory example, I think that it would be nice to
make it clearer that this filters users subtree; it is clear once reading the
example, but knowing what it is supposed to be demonstrating before seeing it
might be nice...

I did say it was a minor comment!