Subject: [Netconf] Alexey Melnikov's No Objection on draft-ietf-netconf-nmda-restconf-04: (with COMMENT)

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2018 00:36:29 -0700

Alexey Melnikov has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-netconf-nmda-restconf-04: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netconf-nmda-restconf/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

In Section 3.2.1:

   Servers are not required to support all values in the "with-defaults"
   query parameter on the operational state datastore.  If a request is
   made using a value that is not supported, then the error handling
   behavior is as described in ([RFC8040], Section 4.8.9).

This seems to be pointless, considering that the server already advertises
support for the "with-defaults" capability. Can you maybe elaborate on which
values are hard to implement (and thus likely not to be implemented)?

---

From: Martin Bjorklund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2018 14:36:22 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-netconf-nmda-restconf/

Yes you are right.  After discussing this with my co-authors, we
suggest that we simply remove this paragraph.

/martin