Subject: [Netconf] RESTCONF/Notif/SSE payload delimiter question

From: Douglas Hubler <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2018 12:38:26 -0400

While implementing client reader for notification events in an SSE stream,
I believe I need to know where one event payload ends and another event
payload starts.  I don't believe I can rely on zero bytes left in buffer
should the events be back-to-back.

While reading RESTCONF RFC
   https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc8040#section-6.4
It mentions a server *could* use a line terminator, but doesn't not specify
the server *must* use one.

Stream-based XML/JSON reader, while possible, might be putting a burden on
client readers.

---

From: Andy Bierman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2018 09:44:27 -0700

On Wed, Sep 19, 2018 at 9:38 AM, Douglas Hubler <[email-masked]> wrote:

> It mentions a server *could* use a line terminator, but doesn't not
> specify the server *must* use one.
>
You use a blank line for this purpose:

 https://www.w3.org/TR/eventsource/

Andy

> _______________________________________________
> Netconf mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netconf
>
>