Subject: [netconf] [Errata Verified] RFC8572 (6807)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2022 14:25:23 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been verified for RFC8572,
"Secure Zero Touch Provisioning (SZTP)". 

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
https://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid6807

--------------------------------------
Status: Verified
Type: Editorial

Reported by: Lijun Liao <[email-masked]>
Date Reported: 2022-01-04
Verified by: RFC Editor  

Section: 3.3

Original Text
-------------
   When unencrypted, the ownership voucher artifact is as defined in
   [RFC8366].  As described, it is a CMS structure whose topmost content
   type MUST be the OID id-signedData (1.2.840.113549.1.7.2), whose
   eContentType MUST be OID id-ct-animaJSONVoucher
   (1.2.840.113549.1.9.16.1), or the OID id-data (1.2.840.113549.1.7.1).
   When the OID id-data is used, the encoding (JSON, XML, etc.) SHOULD
   be communicated externally.  In either case, the associated content
   is an octet string containing ietf-voucher data in the expected
   encoding.

   When encrypted, the topmost content type of the ownership voucher
   artifact's CMS structure MUST be the OID id-envelopedData
   (1.2.840.113549.1.7.3), and the encryptedContentInfo's content type
   MUST be the OID id-signedData (1.2.840.113549.1.7.2), whose
   eContentType MUST be OID id-ct-animaJSONVoucher
   (1.2.840.113549.1.9.16.1), or the OID id-data (1.2.840.113549.1.7.1).
   When the OID id-data is used, the encoding (JSON, XML, etc.) SHOULD
   be communicated externally.  In either case, the associated content
   is an octet string containing ietf-voucher data in the expected
   encoding.

Corrected Text
--------------
   When unencrypted, the ownership voucher artifact is as defined in
   [RFC8366].  As described, it is a CMS structure whose topmost content
   type MUST be the OID id-signedData (1.2.840.113549.1.7.2), whose
   eContentType MUST be OID id-ct-animaJSONVoucher
   (1.2.840.113549.1.9.16.1.40), or the OID id-data (1.2.840.113549.1.7.1).
   When the OID id-data is used, the encoding (JSON, XML, etc.) SHOULD
   be communicated externally.  In either case, the associated content
   is an octet string containing ietf-voucher data in the expected
   encoding.

   When encrypted, the topmost content type of the ownership voucher
   artifact's CMS structure MUST be the OID id-envelopedData
   (1.2.840.113549.1.7.3), and the encryptedContentInfo's content type
   MUST be the OID id-signedData (1.2.840.113549.1.7.2), whose
   eContentType MUST be OID id-ct-animaJSONVoucher
   (1.2.840.113549.1.9.16.1.40), or the OID id-data (1.2.840.113549.1.7.1).
   When the OID id-data is used, the encoding (JSON, XML, etc.) SHOULD
   be communicated externally.  In either case, the associated content
   is an octet string containing ietf-voucher data in the expected
   encoding.

Notes
-----
The OID for id-ct-animaJSONVoucher is 1.2.840.113549.1.9.16.1.40.

 --VERIFIER NOTES--
Author verified errata is correct and also appears in http://oid-info.com/get/1.2.840.113549.1.9.16.1.40

--------------------------------------
RFC8572 (draft-ietf-netconf-zerotouch-29)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Secure Zero Touch Provisioning (SZTP)
Publication Date    : April 2019
Author(s)           : K. Watsen, I. Farrer, M. Abrahamsson
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Network Configuration
Area                : Operations and Management
Stream              : IETF