Subject: [netext] The requirements for supporting flow mobility in PMIPv6

From: Tran Minh Trung <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 10:22:27 +0900

Hi Julien and all

I send again the simple requirements for sporting flow mobility stated
in our document:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-trung-netext-flow-mobility-support-00

1. The network should support shared-prefix model (The Mobile Node's
Home Network  Prefix should be able to be shared across its
attachments)
2. The network should support flow-based routing (The Local Mobility
Anchor should be able to bind a particular flow to a Proxy-CoA without
affecting other flow using the same HNP)
3. The MN should use a single logical interface to hide all existing
physical interfaces.
4. On receiving a downlink traffic flow, the MN should be able to
select the same path for sending the uplink traffic flow.

If all of the above requirements are satisfied, then the flow mobility
can be supported. Without one of them, the flow mobility can not be
supported.

For the requirement #4, if we amuse that the MN has it own flow
policy, then we can just state that: The MN is assumed to be able to
selects the most suitable interface for sending an uplink flow. (In
our next draft version we may add this text)

I hope that it clears enough for discussing about what are simple
solution requirements.

Regards,
TrungTM

-- 
Ph.D., Senior Member
Electronics and Telecommunications Research Institute
Standards Research Center
161 Gajeong-Dong, Yuseong-Gu, Daejeon, 305-350, KOREA
Tel : +82-42-860-1132,   Fax : +82-42-861-5404

---

From: Tran Minh Trung <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 10:28:44 +0900

Hi Julien and all

Regards,
TrungTM