Subject: [netext] About draft-bernardos-netext-pmipv6-flowmob

From: Carlos Jesús Bernardos Cano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 00:31:07 +0200

Hi all,

Julien and Raj suggested that people working on flow mobility solutions
posted a summary of the requirements of goals of their ongoing work.

Authors of draft-bernardos-netext-pmipv6-flowmob are working on the next
revision for the consideration of the WG. The draft has the following
goals and requirements:

- The goal is to define PMIPv6 extensions that allow to move flows among
different simultaneously attaches interfaces of an MN.

- Analyze the different scenarios to be supported. We currently include
the "shared prefix" and "unique prefix" per physical interface
models. 

- The solution defines the LMA as the controlling entity. The solution
defines the signaling between MAG and LMA. The specifics on how the
network nodes obtain the policies is out of scope.

- The MN is equipped with one logical interface (we don't support flow
mobility across different logical interfaces).

We are currently working out the details and reaching an agreement among
the authors of the draft. As soon as we come up with a consolidated
document (hopefully within the next couple of weeks) we'll submit it and
ask for feedback to the WG.

Thanks,

Carlos

-- 
Carlos Jesús Bernardos Cano     http://www.netcoms.net
GPG FP: D29B 0A6A 639A A561 93CA  4D55 35DC BA4D D170 4F67