Subject: [netlmm] DHAAD in NETLMM.

From: "Shivanand Kadadi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 17:23:15 +0530

Hi,

In the draft, DHAAD is not supported and the reason is also mentioned
(section 5.4). This problem could be solved using context transfer
mechanism. Discover the LMA address when MN enters the network using DHAAD
 and once MN moves to new MAG, new MAG gets the LMA address from the old
MAG, instead of doing DHHAD again. The same context transfer mechanism can
be used to
(1) Synchronize sequence numbers (Section  5.5).
(2) communicate MN Home Network prefix  to new MAG (Section 6.7 Home Network
Emulation)
(3) communicate the  Link local address of the previous MAG (Section 7.3
Lower Default-Router List Cache Time-out).

Draft mentions the context transfer as one of the approach to solve the (2)
and (3), so why cant draft include DHHAD in the specification and specify
the context transfer as one of the solution for DHAAD problem and (1) ?

Thanks,
Shivanand.
_______________________________________________
netlmm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netlmm

---

From: "Sri Gundavelli" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 09:29:47 -0700

Hi Shivanand,
 
DHAAD as per RFC-3775, is for discovering the home agent's on the
mobile node's home link.  All the home agents share the same home prefix
and a message to the Mobile IPv6 Home Agent's AnyCast address to a
specific home network prefix, can be received by one of the home agents.
The same mechanism cannot be applied to Proxy Mobile IPv6, in the same
form. In Proxy Mobile IPv6,
 
1. The mobile node's home network prefix is not hosted on a physical link
    on the LMA and multiple LMA's are not sharing that link.
 
2. If multiple LMA's on different segments have to receive a message sent
    to a specific AnyCast address, there are some details required there. It
   is possible, but there is some work.
 
3. As discussed with Alice and Christian some time back, for multiple LMA's

    to host a specific home network prefix and while not sharing the link, 
    there are some routing details that needs to be worked out.   
 
Now, the LMA address when handed over to the new MAG as a context
transfer, does not enable or disable DHAAD. The issues around DHAAD for
PMIP6 are bit different.
 
Sri

  _____  

From: Shivanand Kadadi [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, June 25, 2007 4:53 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [netlmm] DHAAD in NETLMM.

Hi, 
 
In the draft, DHAAD is not supported and the reason is also mentioned
(section 5.4). This problem could be solved using context transfer
mechanism. Discover the LMA address when MN enters the network using DHAAD
and once MN moves to new MAG, new MAG gets the LMA address from the old MAG,
instead of doing DHHAD again. The same context transfer mechanism can be
used to 
(1) Synchronize sequence numbers (Section  5.5).
(2) communicate MN Home Network prefix  to new MAG (Section 6.7 Home Network
Emulation)
(3) communicate the  Link local address of the previous MAG (Section 7.3
Lower Default-Router List Cache Time-out).

Thanks, 
Shivanand.