Subject: [netlmm] Q about proxymip6-01

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 00:47:35 +0200

Hi Sri, all,

A question about section 6.7. There it is stated now:

   ...emulate the mobile node's home link by sending the Router
   Advertisements with the mobile node's home network prefix as the
   hosted on-link prefix.  The Router Advertisement MUST be sent in
   response to a Router Solicitation message that it received from the
   mobile node.  The Router Advertisement messages MAY also be sent
   periodically, based on the interface configuration on the mobile
   access gateway.

Does the above text imply that a mobile node MUST send a RS before a
MAG sends the first RA? Or can a mobile node attach to a link, defer
sending a RS for some time and just wait until a MAG sends a RA (which
is ok according to rfc2461)?

Cheers,
	Jouni

_______________________________________________
netlmm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/netlmm

---

From: "Sri Gundavelli" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 00:06:29 -0700

Hi Jouni,

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] 
> [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2007 3:48 PM
> To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Subject: Q about proxymip6-01
> 
> Hi Sri, all,
> 

No. This text is not mandating on the order on how the MAG sends the
Prefix Advertisement, before or after the signaling completion. Its 
simply saying, the MAG must respond to a solicitation message from
a MN. We should replace the MUST keyword with a SHOULD, and that allows
the MAG to respond only after the signaling completion. This probably
makes it more clear. I will make a note of this.

Thanks
Sri