Subject: [newtrk] Agenda question: Call for change?

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 11:48:55 +0200

Note - the agenda as currently published (July 19) has 5 points:

1 - introduction  & status  - chair			     10
2 - discussion on the issues with ISD proposal raised
      by the IESG and others                                 60	
3 - future of ISD proposal                                   20
4 - next steps in newtrk                                     30
5 - next steps with de-cruft                                 30

None of these deal with -onestep or -twostage.

It's traditionally said to be a Good Thing for people to know the agenda 
well in advance, so that they can prepare for the meeting.

So, even though it's already Tuesday, I'm making a Last Call for changes; 
If anyone wants additional agenda items, please speak up now or forever 
hold your peace (or at least until Friday's over :-)

If no such call happens, or if it is strongly objected to, -onestep and 
-twostage will NOT be discussed on Friday.

              Harald

.
newtrk resources:_____________________________________________________
web user interface: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/newtrk.html
mhonarc archive: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/newtrk/index.html

---

From: Douglas Otis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 13:09:46 +0200

On Aug 2, 2005, at 11:48 AM, Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:

> It's traditionally said to be a Good Thing for people to know the  
> agenda well in advance, so that they can prepare for the meeting.
>
> So, even though it's already Tuesday, I'm making a Last Call for  
> changes; If anyone wants additional agenda items, please speak up  
> now or forever hold your peace (or at least until Friday's over :-)
>
> If no such call happens, or if it is strongly objected to, -onestep  
> and -twostage will NOT be discussed on Friday.

The SRD draft will be affected by the disposition of ISD, so it makes  
sense to resolve this first.  However, the other proposals are  
largely independent of SRD.  If there is an early determination of  
the ISD disposition, would it be possible to explore SRD?  SRD would  
be an alternative for obtaining stable references, improving web  
access, and consolidating status information.  The SRD process would  
also support the de-cruft efforts, as well as dealing with issues  
such as the hash problem, etc.

-Doug

.

---

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 13:11:46 -0400

I'd like to see the SRD discussion folded into the ISD discussion; I
think a lot of the productive ways forward involve deciding between
ISD, SRD, some combination or something else.
.
newtrk resources:_____________________________________________________
web user interface: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/newtrk.html
mhonarc archive: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~llynch/newtrk/index.html