Subject: Trigger CLID_INUSE from single client?

From: Peter Åstrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2002 21:26:57 +0100 (CET)

Is it possible to trigger NFS4ERR_CLID_INUSE with one machine and two 
user mode clients? This is currently not possible with the Linux server, 
because:

* If I use a new verifier, the server thinks that the first client has 
rebooted. 

* If I use the same verifier, the servers thinks it's a retransmission. 

So, is it possible to trigger NFS4ERR_CLID_INUSE from one single IP 
address?

-- 
Peter Åstrand                Telephone: +46-13-21 46 00
Cendio Systems               E-mail: [email-masked]
Teknikringen 3
583 30 Linköping
Sweden

---

From: Spencer Shepler <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 17:45:05 -0600

> So, is it possible to trigger NFS4ERR_CLID_INUSE from one single IP 

No. As you point out, the server doesn't have a way to differentiate
between the two.  This is why the server should use the authentication
of the RPC to determine if a SETCLIENTID should be honored.

-- 
Spencer