Subject: mount: RPC: Program not registered

From: "Sameer Dubey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 20:37:39 +0530

I was able to successfully compile the NFSv4 patch (without the
RPCSEC_GSS thingie). I followed the directions verbatim given in the
documentation. But when I try to mount (mount4) a share I get an error
"mount: RPC: Program not registered". 

Please help.

Sameer Dubey

Configuration and Operation

Server

Create an /etc/exports file, following the directions. NOTE that without
RPCSEC_GSS, the /etc/exports sec:: options are not valid. 

Start the server.  This will load the modules, start gssd, and run
/usr/sbin/exportfs4 to start the nfsv4 server(s). The nfs4 startup
script is installed as part of the nfsv4_utilities/export_parser
installation. 

        # /etc/rc.d/init.d/nfs4 start

Client

Start the GSS daemon.  NOTE: the '-n' option is needed when RPCSEC_GSS
is not enabled. 

        # /usr/sbin/gssd -n &

Load the necessary modules. 

        # insmod sunrpc

        # insmod nfs4

        # insmod nfs4fs

Use the NFSv4-enabled mount4 to mount a directory from the server.

---

From: Peter Åstrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 16:13:10 +0100 (CET)

> "mount: RPC: Program not registered". 

You must specify the FS type, like this:

mount4 -t nfs4 server:/export /mnt

/Peter

-- 
Peter Åstrand                Telephone: +46-13-21 46 00
Cendio Systems               E-mail: [email-masked]
Teknikringen 3
583 30 Linköping
Sweden