Subject: does time_metadata need to be read-write

From: Spencer Shepler <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 10:07:15 -0500

As currently defined, time_metadata (or ctime for the Unix world) is
currently defined as read-write.  It is unlikely that most platforms
support a writable time_metadata attribute.  In fact, a writable
time_metadata attribute could be considered a security problem.

Therefore, should it be defined as read-only instead?

-- 
Spencer

---

From: Mike Eisler <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2002 11:25:54 -0700

> Therefore, should it be defined as read-only instead?

I think it should be read-only, but on the other hand there's nothing stopping
a server from refusing a SETATTR for it, which most will.

If you end up updating the spec again detail, please fix this. Otherwise, fixed
in v4.1 or IETF Last Call.

	-mre

---

From: Spencer Shepler <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 15:44:46 -0500

> in v4.1 or IETF Last Call.

I have changed it to READ-only and will be included in the draft that
will be sent in for next publication.

-- 
Spencer