Subject: [nfsv4] READDIR - Error on cookieverf no long valid

From: Rick Schaeffer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 14:23:24 -0700

In the RFC under READDIR OPERATION (RFC 3530 14.2.24) it states that if
the server determines the cookieverf is no longer valid for the directory,
the error NFS4ERR_NOT_SAME must be returned.

Question: Should that error be NFS4ERR_BAD_COOKIE? (my assumpion) or Should
NFS4ERR_NOT_SAME be added to the list of possible ERRORS in the same
section?

Thank you,
Rick Schaeffer
IBM San Jose

_______________________________________________
nfsv4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4

---

From: Spencer Shepler <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 17:31:06 -0500

> NFS4ERR_NOT_SAME be added to the list of possible ERRORS in the same

NFS4ERR_NOT_SAME should be listed in the errors for the READDIR
operation.  This two errors, NFS4ERR_BAD_COOKIE/NFS4ERR_NOT_SAME, are
available so the server can differentiate the error for the client.

Spencer