Subject: Re: [nfsv4] callbacks via TCP

From: Jim Rees <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 16:08:26 -0400

I have been arguing for about two years now that door no. 1 is no good
because it means nfsv4 won't work well through a nat.  But that's what we're
stuck with for now.

By the way, sections 2.2 and 17.2 both still refer to udp.  These references
should be removed.

_______________________________________________
nfsv4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4

---

From: Spencer Shepler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 15:15:16 -0500

> By the way, sections 2.2 and 17.2 both still refer to udp.  These references

The only place where a netid is defined is in this RFC and section
17.2 is serving as a instantiation of an IANA registry.  Even though
NFSv4 will not be using UDP it was appropriate to be complete in the
definitions so that if other protocols wanted to use netids then the
definition would be available.

-- 
Spencer