Subject: [nfsv4] Setattr stateid

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 16:28:56 -0400 (EDT)

In Section 14.2.32, it basically says that the stateid should be all 0s
iff the size is not being changed.

In Section 9.4.4 is says:

"SETATTR issued by another client"

as a case where open delegations should be recalled. Does this recall only
apply if the size is being set? (If not and the stateid is all 0s, do you
just recall all delegations?)

Thanks yet again for any help, rick

_______________________________________________
nfsv4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4

---

From: Spencer Shepler <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 16:35:39 -0500

> just recall all delegations?)

My interpretation has been that the delegation covers the data of the
file, the size and change attribute.  Therefore, if another client
does a setattr of the mode attribute, the stateid should be all-zeroes
and the server would not recall the delegation on the file.  If a
client is changing the size and or time on the file then the
delegation stateid should be supplied so that the server knows not to
recall the delegation prior to servicing the setattr.  Of course, the
client should supply the open/lock stateid if it doesn't hold a
delegation to enable the server to check the appropriate state the
client holds with the requested in the setattr (when it comes to
size/time).

Spencer