Subject: [nfsv4] Delegation for new open_owner

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 16:51:31 -0400 (EDT)

> > This can easily happen, since the server can't issue a 
> > Delegation for any Open with a new open_owner.
> > 
> 
> What do you mean? Delegations are per client and not per open_owners?
I was just referring to Section 8.1.8, where it states that a delegation
can't be issued if a Confirmation is required. (An open with a new
open_owner requires Confirmation, so...)

Sorry for any confusion and thanks for the comments, rick

_______________________________________________
nfsv4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4

---

From: Spencer Shepler <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 19:19:53 -0500

> Sorry for any confusion and thanks for the comments, rick

Maybe Dave N. can recap the scenarios he was thinking of when
suggesting the text about not providing delegations for an openowner
that needed confirmation. :-)

Spencer