Subject: [nfsv4] re: more on NFSERR_EXPIRED

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 16:57:34 -0400 (EDT)

> I think someone mentioned this issue a while back but I can't remember
> who.  I think that person made a
> good case (at least in my opinion), that returning OK here does the
> least harm.  You are telling the server
> to get rid of any delegations that he has for this client, and if he
> never heard of the client id, then he has
> already got rid of all none of them, and so saying "I did that OK" is
> valid.

I'm the guilty party. I mentioned that my server returned OK for
basically the reason you mention above. However, I'm not sure I'd argue
that it makes more sense than returning NFS4ERR_EXPIRED, just that, since
NFS4ERR_EXPIRED wasn't on the list, it made more sense than any of the
ones on the list. (If some client writer jumped up and said that
NFS4ERR_EXPIRED returned in this case would make their life easier, I
don't have a problem with adding the error code to Delegpurge.)

rick

_______________________________________________
nfsv4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4