Subject: [nfsv4] more on NFS4ERR_EXPIRED vs NFS4ERR_BADSTATEID

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 16:13:10 -0400 (EDT)

Ok, so what about the following scenario:
- client has a delegation and is still able to do compounds on the server
- server attempts Recall of the delegation, which fails, presumably
  because the callback pathway has busted
  - after a timeout (mine is currently 5 * lease duration), the server
    discards the delegation and allows the conflicting request that
    caused the callback
- client uses stateid for discarded delegation
and the server would return NFS4ERR_BADSTATEID? (because, although it
had to discard the delegation, no lease expired)

On the other hand, if the delegation was discarded because the lease
expired (both network paths were partitioned), the error returned
when
- client uses stateid for discarded delegation
would be NFS4ERR_EXPIRED?

Sound right gang? rick

_______________________________________________
nfsv4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4