Subject: [nfsv4] Introducing NFSv4 minor extension proposal for parallel transfer, pNFS

From: Garth Gibson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 00:39:53 -0400

NFSv4 Community,

You may have read the "pNFS Problem Statement":

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gibson-pnfs-problem- 
statement-01.txt

that went by a half year ago, and you may have taken some time to read  
the ad hoc pNFS mail archive (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pnfs-reqs/)  
that birthed that problem statement.  Thank you to all that did.  But  
some of us are hoping for more of your attention.  To that end I'd like  
to draw your attention to two new IDs related to pNFS

draft-gibson-pnfs-reqs-00.txt
	http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/i-d-announce/current/ 
msg02567.html

draft-welch-pnfs-ops-00.txt
	http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/i-d-announce/current/ 
msg02494.html

With these first drafts, I hope you will welcome the disolution of the  
ad hoc pNFS mailing list and the joining into your ranks of this topic  
area.  pNFS is an NFSv4 advocacy forum that I hope will serve the  
greater needs of the NFSv4 file system standard.

garth gibson

Assoc. Professor
Computer Science and Electrical and Computer Engineering Depts
Carnegie Mellon University
5000 Forbes Ave., Pittsburgh PA 15213-3891
[email-masked], www.cs.cmu.edu/~garth

CTO, Panasas Inc
1501 Reedsdale St., Suite 400, Pittsburgh PA 15233
[email-masked], www.panasas.com, 412-323-3500

_______________________________________________
nfsv4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4