Subject: [nfsv4] Open and seqids

From: Vikram Kapoor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 13:55:02 -0700

Hi,

Section 8.1.5 talks about sequencing of lock requests. It states that
for requests that contain a sequence number, for each lock_owner there
should be no more than one outstanding request. OPEN is one such
request and for every open_owner there cannot be more than one
outstanding request.

Section 2.2 in its definition of stateid4 states that seqid field
should be monotonically incremented because clients will inspect seqid
to determine correct order of OPEN processing done by server. This
implies that there can be more than one outstanding open requests.

1. How can there be more than 1 Open outstanding for an open_owner,
when section 8.1.5 forbids it?

2. If the same open_owner opens a second file, then does it invalidate
the first stateid obtained from first open?

Open(open_owner1, file1) => stateid1.
Open(open_owner1, file2) => stateid2.

Is stateid1 invalid now? Or can it still be used for read/write/close?

--Vikram

_______________________________________________
nfsv4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4