Subject: [nfsv4] errata: sequence id handling with NFS4ERR_OLD_STATEID

From: Spencer Shepler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 21:14:25 -0500

In section 8.1.5, we have the following:

   The client MUST monotonically increment the sequence number for the
   CLOSE, LOCK, LOCKU, OPEN, OPEN_CONFIRM, and OPEN_DOWNGRADE
   operations.  This is true even in the event that the previous
   operation that used the sequence number received an error.  The only
   exception to this rule is if the previous operation received one of
   the following errors: NFS4ERR_STALE_CLIENTID, NFS4ERR_STALE_STATEID,
   NFS4ERR_BAD_STATEID, NFS4ERR_BAD_SEQID, NFS4ERR_BADXDR,
   NFS4ERR_RESOURCE, NFS4ERR_NOFILEHANDLE.

It appears that NFS4ERR_OLD_STATEID is missing from the list of errors
that do not increment the sequence id.

Any objections to that interpretation?

Spencer

_______________________________________________
nfsv4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4