Subject: [nfsv4] Result for OPEN for claim_delegation

From: Steven Huntington <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 16:31:52 -0700

Hi all,

Stupid question - in RFC3530, it states the following for open when
delegation claim is on:

====
   struct open_read_delegation4 {
           stateid4        stateid;        /* Stateid for delegation*/
           bool            recall;         /* Pre-recalled flag for
                                              delegations obtained
                                              by reclaim
                                              (CLAIM_PREVIOUS) */
           nfsace4         permissions;    /* Defines users who don't
                                              need an ACCESS call to
                                              open for read */
====

and similarly for the open_write delegation result.

I notice that this contains a single nfsace4 and not an array of nfsace4<>
as seen in the fattr4, although the description says it defines users, i.e.
plural.  Is this an oversight, or am I misreading something?

Cheers,

Steve Huntington, IBM San Jose

Phone:       (408) 463-2716 (T/L 543-216)
Fax:         (408) 463-4727
Office:      SVL 90-D215
Internet:    [email-masked]
Lotus Notes: Steven Huntington/San Jose/IBM@IBMUS

_______________________________________________
nfsv4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4

---

From: "J. Bruce Fields" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 20:00:52 -0400

> plural.  Is this an oversight, or am I misreading something?

It really is just an ace.  I assume the thought was that the ace could
be for EVERYONE@, hence the plural in "users".

--b.

---

From: "Noveck, Dave" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 20:18:48 -0400

If the file were only accessible by the owner, the ace could be
for @OWNER.  I think "users" was intended to mean the the set of
users and wasn't intende to exclude possibility that the definition
of the set of users might result in a singleton set.  

-----Original Message-----
From: J. Bruce Fields [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, March 23, 2007 8:01 PM
To: Steven Huntington
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [nfsv4] Result for OPEN for claim_delegation

On Fri, Mar 23, 2007 at 04:31:52PM -0700, Steven Huntington wrote:
>                                               open for read */ ====
> I notice that this contains a single nfsace4 and not an array of 
> nfsace4<> as seen in the fattr4, although the description says it
defines users, i.e.

--b.