Subject: [nfsv4] Draft of requirements for a federated filesystems

From: Daniel Ellard <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 19:16:43 -0400

The attached draft is submitted for review.  Our goal is to jump-start
discussion of federated file system protocols by articulating what we
believe are the functional requirements of such a system.  We welcome
input and discussion from everyone.  We are sending a copy to this list
because we believe that the NFSv4 community contains many people who
are interested in this topic; our apologies if you consider this
off-topic.

Questions or comments intended solely for the authors should be sent to:

	[email-masked]

General discussion should be sent to the list ([email-masked]).
If and when appropriate, updated drafts will be mailed to that list.
If you are interested in federated file systems then you might consider
adding yourself to that list (or let me know, and I will add you).

We would like for the review period to end on Friday, April 6.  We will
host conference calls for discussion of the draft, starting next week
(schedule TBD).  If you wish to participate in the conference call(s),
please send email directly to me ([email-masked]).

After April 6, our intent is to prepare a final draft of the
requirements document and begin drafting proposals for protocols and
other mechanisms that satisfy the requirements.  Please let me know if
you would like to help prepare these drafts.

Thanks,
	-Dan

_______________________________________________
nfsv4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4