Subject: [nfsv4] FedFS testing at Connectathon 2012

From: Robert Thurlow <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 17:27:00 -0700

Hi folks,

Will anyone be bringing FedFS implementations to Connectathon?
I have been coordinator in the past, and we need to know if we
should plan for testing in this area.  Last year, I think it
was just Chuck's Linux code and my Solaris prototype, with
NSDB/LDAP and Admin protocol interactions.

Thanks,
Rob T

---

From: Chuck Lever <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 21:56:11 -0500

Hi-

> NSDB/LDAP and Admin protocol interactions.

I'm planning to bring Linux fedfs-utils 0.8, which includes a working NFS file server with FedFS and NFS basic junction support, an nfsref command, a full suite of simple admin client commands, automounter support for FedFS domains (DNS SRV pre-2012), and a FedFS ADMIN server.  I'll have an NSDB available as well.

I'd like to give a demonstration of the fedfs-utils components as a Connectathon talk, and would be willing to combine a demo with other implementations, if that is desired.

-- 
Chuck Lever
chuck[dot]lever[at]oracle[dot]com