Subject: [nfsv4] RECLAIM_COMPLETE doesn't have a clientid arg

From: Rick Macklem <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 22:55:09 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

The following snippet from RFC5661 makes perfect sense (at least to me:-):
   Whenever a client establishes a new client ID and before it does the
   first non-reclaim operation that obtains a lock, it MUST send a
   RECLAIM_COMPLETE with rca_one_fs set to FALSE, even if there are no
   locks to reclaim.  If non-reclaim locking operations are done before
   the RECLAIM_COMPLETE, an NFS4ERR_GRACE error will be returned.

However, RECLAIM_COMPLETE doesn't have a clientid4 argument. Is the
client ID implied by the session used for the compound it is in?
(If not, what is "client" in the above context?)

Also, when rca_one_fs == TRUE, is "one file system" defined as all
file handles issued by a server (identified by the EXCHANGE_ID reply)
with the same value for the fsid attribute?

Thanks in advance for clarifying this, rick

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 12:09:26 -0500

> client ID implied by the session used for the compound it is in?

Yes.  It would be nice if the comments in 18.51.1 dealt with that 
case explicitly. 

> with the same value for the fsid attribute?

The fs is defined by the fsid attribute of the current fh.  It's is an
underlying assumption of much of the spec that you can enumerate all such 
objects by recursive descent from a root fh for that fs, but trying to be 
clear and explicit about such matters would be troublesome, especially as
we already have gotten a lot of pushback about the length of RFC 5661.

Thanks for reading the spec carefully.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Rick Macklem
Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2012 10:55 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [nfsv4] RECLAIM_COMPLETE doesn't have a clientid arg

Hi,

Thanks in advance for clarifying this, rick
_______________________________________________
nfsv4 mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4