Subject: [nfsv4] I-D Action: draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc3530bis-17.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 10:33:27 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Network File System Version 4 Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Network File System (NFS) Version 4 Protocol
	Author(s)       : Thomas Haynes
                          David Noveck
	Filename        : draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc3530bis-17.txt
	Pages           : 321
	Date            : 2012-03-12

   The Network File System (NFS) version 4 is a distributed filesystem
   protocol which owes heritage to NFS protocol version 2, RFC 1094, and
   version 3, RFC 1813.  Unlike earlier versions, the NFS version 4
   protocol supports traditional file access while integrating support
   for file locking and the mount protocol.  In addition, support for
   strong security (and its negotiation), compound operations, client
   caching, and internationalization have been added.  Of course,
   attention has been applied to making NFS version 4 operate well in an
   Internet environment.

   This document, together with the companion XDR description document,
   RFCNFSv4XDR, replaces RFC 3530 as the definition of the NFS version 4
   protocol.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc3530bis-17.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc3530bis-17.txt