Subject: [nfsv4] No need for another NFSv4.2 design meeting

From: "Haynes, Tom" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 20:19:55 +0000

It turns out most of the requests were either to call out a linkage of the text.

The "open" items all resolve around Labeled NFS:

2993 – Bruce: does the change_sec_label attribute need to be mandatory to implement
AI – Bruce:  Ask on mailing list
2993 – Tom: is the size of change_sec_label correct

If the seLinux crowd have thoughts, they need to chime in now...

---

From: David Quigley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 17:11:21 -0500

On 12/12/2012 15:19, Haynes, Tom wrote:
>  AI – BRUCE: Ask on mailing list
> _______________________________________________
> nfsv4 mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4

To answer the first part I don't think its mandatory but is recommended 
to implement. It makes things more consistent from a security 
perspective.

To answer the second part I would have to go with we don't know. We 
talked a bit on how we'd implement it but we haven't actually gone 
through and implemented it and seen what issues may arise.

Dave