Subject: [nfsv4] [Errata Held for Document Update] RFC5663 (4142)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2016 12:34:39 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been held for document update 
for RFC5663, "Parallel NFS (pNFS) Block/Volume Layout". 

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=5663&eid=4142

--------------------------------------
Status: Held for Document Update
Type: Technical

Reported by: Christoph Hellwig <[email-masked]>
Date Reported: 2014-10-23
Held by: Martin Stiemerling (IESG)

Section: 2.8

Original Text
-------------
<section does not exist yet>

Corrected Text
--------------
2.8.  Device-ID-to-device-address

   A pNFS block volume layout server MAY signal
   device-ID-to-device-address changes to the client using the
   CB_NOTIFY_DEVICEID callback operation.

   If the change is compatible and does not require outstanding layouts
   to be recalled the server can issue a notification of type
   NOTIFY_DEVICEID4_CHANGE.

   A device-ID-to-device-address mapping change signaled by
   NOTIFY_DEVICEID4_CHANGE must not change the storage system specific
   addressing of the volume, and can only add new storage to the
   existing device.  In particular the following changes are allowed:

     o increasing the size of the underlying block device of a
       PNFS_BLOCK_VOLUME_SIMPLE volume.
     o increasing the size of a PNFS_BLOCK_VOLUME_SLICE volume if the
       underlying block device of the PNFS_BLOCK_VOLUME_SIMPLE volume
       it refers to is big enough to fit the new size.
     o increasing the size of each volume in a bsv_volumes of a
       PNFS_BLOCK_VOLUME_SLICE volume by the same amount.
     o increasing the size of the last volume in bcv_volumes of a
       PNFS_BLOCK_VOLUME_CONCAT volume.
     o adding new members to the end of bcv_volumes of a
       PNFS_BLOCK_VOLUME_CONCAT volume.

Notes
-----
Specify what device configuration changes can be supported without recalling layouts.

--------------------------------------
RFC5663 (draft-ietf-nfsv4-pnfs-block-12)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Parallel NFS (pNFS) Block/Volume Layout
Publication Date    : January 2010
Author(s)           : D. Black, S. Fridella, J. Glasgow
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Network File System Version 4
Area                : Transport
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG