Subject: [nfsv4] Protocol Action: 'NFS Version 4 Minor Version 2' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-nfsv4-minorversion2-41.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2016 14:10:37 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'NFS Version 4 Minor Version 2'
  (draft-ietf-nfsv4-minorversion2-41.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Network File System Version 4 Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Spencer Dawkins and Martin Stiemerling.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-minorversion2/

Technical Summary

  This Internet-Draft describes NFS version 4 minor version two,
  describing the protocol extensions made from NFS version 4 minor
  version 1.  Major extensions introduced in NFS version 4 minor
  version two include: Server Side Copy, Application I/O Advise, Space
  Reservations, Sparse Files, Application Data Blocks, and Labeled NFS.

Working Group Summary

  The journey within the working group for this document and the
  technologies that it encompasses has been a somewhat longer process
  than the norm.  However, the results are that many of the features
  have been implemented independently and the feedback has been
  effectively folded back into this document.  Thus the document
  quality is very good and the resultant features have been constructed
  thoughfully and with working group consensus.

Document Quality

  From the above, the process, from a time perspective, has been
  longer than most but represents thoughtfulness, implementation
  feedback and the results have been a high quality document.
  The editing and feedback has been done by experience working
  group members with input from the entire community.
  Overall, I, as document shepherd and working group co-chair,
  am very pleased with the results.

Personnel

  Document Shepherd: Spencer Shepler
  Area Director: Martin Stiemerling

RFC Editor Note:

  The IESG requests that draft-ietf-nfsv4-minorversion2-dot-x-41 and
  draft-ietf-nfsv4-minorversion2-41 be issued with consecutive RFC
  numbers.