Subject: [nfsv4] Protocol Action: 'NFSv4.0 migration: Specification Update' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc3530-migration-update-08.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2016 06:44:14 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'NFSv4.0 migration: Specification Update'
  (draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc3530-migration-update-08.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Network File System Version 4 Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Mirja Kühlewind and Spencer Dawkins.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc3530-migration-update/

Technical Summary

   The migration feature of NFSv4 allows for responsibility for a single
   filesystem to move from one server to another, without disruption to
   clients.  Recent implementation experience has shown problems in the
   existing specification for this feature in NFSv4.0.  This document
   clarifies and corrects RFC7530 (the NFSv4.0 specification) to address
   these problems.

Working Group Summary

  This I-D represents strong working group consensus and is derived
  from implementation experience of the NFSv4 migration capabilities and
  is therefore representative of needed clarification in specification
  for interoperable implementation.

Document Quality

  As mentioned, this work is derived from implementation experience and
  relates to the needs of the community of NFSv4 implementors such that
  they can create effective and interoperable implementations in the
  context of migration support.

Personnel

  Document Shepherd: Spencer Shepler
  Area Director: Spencer Dawkins