Subject: [nfsv4] I-D Action: draft-ietf-nfsv4-flex-files-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 May 2016 09:23:24 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network File System Version 4 of the IETF.

        Title           : Parallel NFS (pNFS) Flexible File Layout
        Authors         : Benny Halevy
                          Thomas Haynes
	Filename        : draft-ietf-nfsv4-flex-files-08.txt
	Pages           : 33
	Date            : 2016-05-09

Abstract:
   The Parallel Network File System (pNFS) allows a separation between
   the metadata (onto a metadata server) and data (onto a storage
   device) for a file.  The flexible file layout type is defined in this
   document as an extension to pNFS to allow the use of storage devices
   in a fashion such that they require only a quite limited degree of
   interaction with the metadata server, using already existing
   protocols.  Client side mirroring is also added to provide
   replication of files.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-flex-files/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-nfsv4-flex-files-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-nfsv4-flex-files-08

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: David Noveck <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2016 06:15:04 -0400

*General Comments*

*Background of Review*

The -06 of this document entered Working Group Last Call, according to the
Datatracker, on 8/24/2015.

Soon after that I sent a long review to the authors cc-ing the working
group list.  The substance of my review was that the document had some
major issue that needed to be addressed to get it into a WGLC-worthy state.

At the time I didn't get receive any response from Tom.  It now appears
that Tom did send a response on 10/16/2015, but it doesn't seem that I got
it.  Although he sis s

*General Evaluation*

*Issues Blocking Working Group Last Call*

*Other Noteworthy Issues*

*Comments by Section*

On Mon, May 9, 2016 at 12:23 PM, <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> nfsv4 mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/nfsv4
>

---

From: David Noveck <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2016 06:24:28 -0400

Please ignore this.  I accidentally hit some control-key combination that
caused a review fragment to be sent.  I will send a real review of -08 in a
few weeks.