Subject: [nfsv4] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC7530 (4828)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2016 15:29:23 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC7530,
"Network File System (NFS) Version 4 Protocol".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=7530&eid=4828

--------------------------------------
Type: Technical
Reported by: Marcel Telka <[email-masked]>

Section: 16.24.4.

Original Text
-------------
   The arguments contain a cookie value that represents where the
   READDIR should start within the directory.  A value of 0 (zero) for
   the cookie is used to start reading at the beginning of the
   directory.  For subsequent READDIR requests, the client specifies a
   cookie value that is provided by the server in a previous READDIR
   request.

Corrected Text
--------------
   The arguments contain a cookie value that represents where the
   READDIR should start within the directory.  A value of 0 (zero) for
   the cookie is used to start reading at the beginning of the
   directory.  For subsequent READDIR requests, the client specifies a
   cookie value that is provided by the server in a previous READDIR
   reply.

Notes
-----
The new cookie is provided by the server in a reply, not in a request.

Instructions:
-------------
This erratum is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC7530 (draft-ietf-nfsv4-rfc3530bis-35)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Network File System (NFS) Version 4 Protocol
Publication Date    : March 2015
Author(s)           : T. Haynes, Ed., D. Noveck, Ed.
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Network File System Version 4
Area                : Transport
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG

---

From: Thomas Haynes <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2016 16:24:41 +0000

> On Oct 11, 2016, at 3:29 PM, RFC Errata System <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 

Hi Marcel,

That is not a Technical errata, more like an Editorial one.

Thanks,
Tom

---

From: Marcel Telka <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2016 18:29:38 +0200

> That is not a Technical errata, more like an Editorial one.

Hi Tom,

You are right.  Please change it to Editorial, if possible.

Thanks.

-- 
+-------------------------------------------+
| Marcel Telka   e-mail:   [email-masked]  |
|                homepage: http://telka.sk/ |
|                jabber:   [email-masked] |
+-------------------------------------------+

---

From: Megan Ferguson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2016 14:15:07 -0700

Greetings,

This update has been made.  Please review the report at http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=7530&eid=4828.

Thank you.

RFC Editor/mf

---

From: Marcel Telka <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2016 09:39:51 +0200

> This update has been made.  Please review the report at http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=7530&eid=4828.

Thank you.  It is okay.