Subject: [nfsv4] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-dnoveck-nfsv4-rpcrdma-rtrext-01.txt

From: David Noveck <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2016 08:35:07 -0500

This version of draft-dnoveck-nfsv4-rpcrdma-rtrext was submitted primarily
to avoid letting the -00 expire. However, as things worked out, I made some
significant textual changes that don't substantively change the proposed
protocol extension:

   - I adapted to the merger of draft-cel-nfsv4-rpcrma-version-two and
    draft-dnoveck-nfsv4-xcharext.  This included shifting from
   "characteristics" to "properties" and corresponding XDR changes.
   - I finally provided an extractable XDR file for the extension.
   - I created a more substantial "Security Considerations" section.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, Dec 3, 2016 at 8:14 AM
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-dnoveck-nfsv4-rpcrdma-rtrext-01.txt
To: David Noveck <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-dnoveck-nfsv4-rpcrdma-rtrext-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by David Noveck and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-dnoveck-nfsv4-rpcrdma-rtrext
Revision:       01
Title:          RPC-over-RDMA Extensions to Reduce Internode Round-trips
Document date:  2016-12-03
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          43
URL:            https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dnoveck-nfsv4-
rpcrdma-rtrext-01.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dnoveck-nfsv4-
rpcrdma-rtrext/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dnoveck-nfsv4-rpcrdma-
rtrext-01
Diff:           https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-dnoveck-nfsv4-
rpcrdma-rtrext-01

Abstract:
   It is expected that a future version of the RPC-over-RDMA transport
   will allow protocol extensions to be defined.  This would provide for
   the specification of OPTIONAL features allowing participants who
   implement such features to cooperate as specified by that extension,
   while still interoperating with participants who do not support that
   extension.

   A particular extension is described herein, whose purpose is to
   reduce the latency due to inter-node round-trips needed to effect
   operations which involve direct data placement or which transfer RPC
   messages longer than the fixed inline buffer size limit.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat