Subject: [nfsv4] I-D Action: draft-ietf-nfsv4-umask-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2017 14:10:42 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Network File System Version 4 WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Allowing Inheritable NFSv4 Access Control Entries to Override the Umask
        Authors         : J. Bruce Fields
                          Andreas Gruenbacher
	Filename        : draft-ietf-nfsv4-umask-04.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2017-07-20

Abstract:
   In many environments, inheritable NFSv4 Access Control Entries (ACEs)
   can be rendered ineffective by the application of the per-process
   umask.  This can be addressed by transmitting the umask and create
   mode as separate pieces of data, allowing the server to make more
   intelligent decisions about the permissions to set on new files.
   This document proposes a protocol extension which accomplishes that.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-nfsv4-umask/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-nfsv4-umask-04
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-nfsv4-umask-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-nfsv4-umask-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/